Thread: Logging my current tune

Logging my current tune

Im a little confused about the os patch for my 05. I want start logging my smarty tune so I can try to get my mind around tuning concepts and compare with logs from my stock truck. Am I correct in thinking that the patch only works with tunes created with hp?

Banned
    I do believe it only works for hp tunes. There?s better samples on this forum to look at for ideas of tuning than the Smarty tunes. Smarty barely scratches the surface.

Banned
    Pretty much if you want to log a smarty tune you need to use a smarty touch and it?s high speed datalogger to capture as much of it as possible but there?s going to be lots of missing information still. If you have some fancy expensive software, autoenginuity or something that can read information beyond a normal live data obd2 reader which isn?t going to give you too much information, you want to be able to see things like commanded quantity and timing, you could datalog it and plot things out. But still, better examples on the forum available you can download and look at.

It?s not that I want to copy the smarty tune, but I know it?s somewhat safe versus downloading a random tune from here not knowing if it has been done probably or by someone who knows what their doing. I have downloaded a couple I have found to look at at of this sight, but it seems most of them are from people like myself trying to figure it out

Banned
    Look at the ones from Dom

Agree, Dom gave me a good starting point.

Tuner
    Wait you can only log tunes from hptuners now? Like if I had a smarty I couldnt log it like before?

Banned
    You were able to log a smarty tune with hp tuners? I haven?t tried it out on my 2012 but I run warp tuning on an mm3. I know with smarty/mm3 you have very limited PIDs you can log until you are running a tune flashed with the smarty/mm3.

You can still log other tunes, but I?m under the impression to log with the upgraded os patch for more advanced logging it has to be a hptune. If that makes sense, I?m still pretty new to this

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    You were able to log a smarty tune with hp tuners? I haven?t tried it out on my 2012 but I run warp tuning on an mm3. I know with smarty/mm3 you have very limited PIDs you can log until you are running a tune flashed with the smarty/mm3.
    Yeah I logged my buddies smarty s06 sr

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bradshaw106 View Post
    You can still log other tunes, but I?m under the impression to log with the upgraded os patch for more advanced logging it has to be a hptune. If that makes sense, I?m still pretty new to this
    What do you mean by os patch? Like hptuners update?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bushmin View Post
    What do you mean by os patch? Like hptuners update?
    He?s talking about the patch applied to the stock tune that the editor does.