Thread: Checking to see if I have the correct file for a 2012 A4 2.0T TFSI

Checking to see if I have the correct file for a 2012 A4 2.0T TFSI

I'm currently digging into an A4 I have to start learning the platform. I went through all of the available files in the drop down menu to see if I could get a file to come up. Only one file was available for the car from the HPTuners server and that was the MED17.1.1 TC1796. I wanted to confirm that this is the correct file for the vehicle so I can continue moving forward.

Additional Info:
    Audi Tune.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
    I'm currently digging into an A4 I have to start learning the platform. I went through all of the available files in the drop down menu to see if I could get a file to come up. Only one file was available for the car from the HPTuners server and that was the MED17.1.1 TC1796. I wanted to confirm that this is the correct file for the vehicle so I can continue moving forward.

Additional Info:
    Audi Tune.PNG
    Im confused, did you read this from the vehicle? We have a virtual read for that, itll match the stock file that was on that vehicle.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Potential Tuner
    can one decrypt this file ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Im confused, did you read this from the vehicle? We have a virtual read for that, itll match the stock file that was on that vehicle.
    I read the ZF8 trans, and used the drop down menu for the ECU to find the MED17.1.1 file that would allow me to download the tune from the HPTuners server. It did not auto detect. Because I was going through the different VAG options until one worked, I wanted to make sure the file I chose from the menu was correct for the car. As far as I can tell it is, so I must have the correct virtual read.

Also, I'm trying to set up the PIDs in the scanner for the car and I'm missing a few important parameters. I'm not able to see knock retard or map/vacuum/boost pressure among a few others. I made sure I have the most current software, however I'm not running the newest beta. I've attached a log for reference. I love usuing HPTuners on another platform, so I hope I can get these bugs worked out. Please excuse the graphs, they're all over the place right now.

Audi Test.Layout.xml
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 02-27-2019 at 10:21 PM.