Thread: Ls1 Camaro on3 turbo help tuning

Tuner in Training

Ls1 Camaro on3 turbo help tuning

I just installed on3 kit on 2000 CAmaro ls1 built auto car.. need help tuning it.. to get car running need help with speed density tuning and 3 bar map sensor setup..
    dustin3bar.hptdustin.hptinje.hpt these are the tune files we have been messing around with. we have no idea on tuning..trying to learn..
    Last edited by Dustinsuttles; 02-24-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Please do some reading, this has been covered a lot times over for setting up a 2 bar or 3 bar speed density OS.

Use google and not the forum search function, it's faster that way. Just end your search with HP Tuners.

Apply the OS you need to run. Input the injector data, input the CORRECT map data for which MAP you are running. Populate your primary VE table with data. Set MAF fail high to 0hz, set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

That is just a basic, tons of other stuff has to be done for timing, power enrichment/boost enrichment and so on. If you've never tuned before this will be difficult to learn on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Need build specs.

Tuner in Training
    i updated with tune file from stock file on..car has race tronix 255 pump deka 80lb injectors and on3 70mm turbo..stock ls1 intake NO maf.. 3 bar map sensor.. need speed density tune..stock internal ls1 3400 stall 4l60e with 3.73 gears trans is built.
    Last edited by Dustinsuttles; 02-24-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Tuner
    did you buy the map sensor from on3?

You have the tune, just finish the settings and start calibrating it. Nobody will have a tune for you, nothing is plug and play for your setup.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    not sure where it was purchased at bought kit used.. guy said lsxtuner is where he got it im not sure numbers on it are 0616f22

Tuner in Training
    before the tune was installed the car would start and idle perfect..after trying to setup 80lb dekas and tune for speed density and get rid of maf the car wont start dumping to much fuel... plugs are wet and loads up fuel

Your VE table is one solid value of like 519, this is why.

Speed density OS change the VE to a random value and you have to re-populate this table with stock values and values for area's above 105kpa, aka boost. You will have to rework the entire VE table with a wideband o2 sensor to calibrate the airflow model for this engine. It will run with stock values for 15-105kpa but it's going to be rich before of the large injectors.

Timing must be backed down under load, otherwise you will blow this thing up at 28 degrees of timing. Power enrichment and boost enrichment need to be set up.

Tuner in Training
    thanks ill see what i can do..i just want to get the car running so i can drive it to a dyno and have it tuned like it should be..

Tuner in Training
    dustin3bar(injector)(sd).hpt this should be the edited tune let me know how this looks for getting the car started..thanks

Tuner
    It should start up

Tuner in Training
    I had a guy look into the tune and make some changes hoping this new tune will work.. as of now car does run and idle like it should with his tune.. I can post the tune if anyone wants to look at it and offer suggestions and or comments..

Tuner in Training
    Anyone offer help with tuning of the traction control.. I thought I copied all my tune from stock file to car but I must missed something cause the car is showing traction control again

Tuner
    Desired torque should be 640 and zero out your torque reduction, Duty cycle minimum I set 5% below my max

Tuner in Training
    Thank you I?ll look thru the tune again when I get home and see what?s going on..

Tuner in Training

Boost kpa

Can?t seem to get kpa map to read anything over 138-140kpa... car is around 9-10 lbs boost.. what else can causethis.. this is the 3rd 3 bar map sensor I?ve tried.. all same results.. I tapped into map line to see what pressure it?s at and it shows 9-10lbs on it..

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    what scanner channel are you reading for map? if you read the manifold sensor channel and have an upgraded OS then you need to remove it and read the specific channel that matches the OS Bar pressure you installed.
    you run a 3 bar map sensor with 3 bar OS then remove manifold vacuum channel and record 3 bar map channel.
    you still have to verify the map sensor calibration with the correct 3 bar map sensor values. assuming you did all of this then you should be reading. if not then you have a wiring issue or computer issue.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    How's the tuning going? Im curious as I have a cxracing turbo kit on my 98 trans am LS1 with a gt45. The kits are "close" in terms of layout, I am curious what engine are you running?
    Do you really need the 3 bar currently, I feel that might be overkill unless you plan on running that much boost? it might make it a little easier to tune without seeing all the extra VE data unless you are truly boosting past 15psi, then by all means. Im also running a racetronix 255 pump, but I'm using 60lb injectors and a 2 bar MAP (98 PCM so I cant use the 3 bar)

I was having an over fuel rich condition myself with my 60lbs injectors due to an incorrect IFR table that I had to adjust. Its actually surprisingly easy to kill power by being rich, but its at least safer than being lean. Im also using methanol injection as a safety check at 6psi, although im thinking I might kick that up to 8psi once I feel comfortable that the engine will boost enrich when I tell it to lol

I have some 80lbs injectors I might throw in, but I feel they might be overkill until I start building past the stock ls1's physical limitations. Currently with your fuel pump, unless you've updated it, your limited to about 550-600hp with a single pump. Once I get comfortable with my tuning skills, I plan on switching to 80lbs injectors and walbro 450 pump in plans of adding a summit stage two cam and possibly 317 heads, which will require me to recalibrate my entire VE table, but for now baby steps lol

When I get back to my regular computer, ill have to share my ve table to show you what I have so far. right now im still shaking everything down, as I had a coupler pop off and still need to dial in my spark table as well. like I said Im pretty close to what you have, not exact, but close.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 08-03-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    and you point is?