Thread: Focus ST tuning help

Potential Tuner

Focus ST tuning help

Hello,

I have been having issues with boost control on my focus, I have adjusted (what i consider) a good amount to get boost levels up. but the most ive ever seen is between 18.5-19.3lbs of boost. I have not played with timing or VVT because I wanted to get this squared away first. Anyway, it seems that no matter how i adjust the closed wgdc and base wgdc i dont get much difference at all, which is why i adjusted all of my torque settings to compensate and still nothing. any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would log some other data channels, specifically any "limit" channels or "source" channels as well as OAR (knock octane modifier). But Just taking a quick look at your log and tune I would guess you're hitting the LSPI limits.

I would also recommend using realistic values for your requested torque for throttle mapping and max torque tables. If you're on 91 or 93 octane and are stock you're never going to hit more than 330-340tq so I would keep your tune within that area. Keep all your load limits within reason otherwise the torque control strategy is going to be ineffective and it's the best thing about the Ecoboost system hah.

Potential Tuner
    aww come on, you dont think im gonna make 500 horse with just a catless downpipe and catback? lol. thanks a lot of the input, ive added those limits and values into my logging. any recommendations on adjustments for LSPI?

Hah it would nice if we could make that kind of power :-P as for the LSPI limits you could raise them to 2.2-2.3 to start with and then raise them if you have the headroom as you tune further.

Potential Tuner
    thanks, appreciate the assistance. Im going to do some testing thursday and see where i end up. As for LSPI vs octane modifier and preignition modifier (ecm 44819/ecm 44820) adjust as needed based off of logs? or is there something im missing there. Apologizes, I was not familiar with LSPI until i did some research on it last night with some surprising results

As long as you keep leave the OAR stuff alone mostly it's a good safeguard even in it's stock form. If it sees certain amounts of knock over time it will adjust your borderline timing dynamically to help keep you safer. If you notice excessive knock in your logs though and OAR trending towards 0 you know when you want to back off either the boost or timing a bit.