Thread: Ecoboost 2017 Read issue

Ecoboost 2017 Read issue

Tryed to read Mustang Ecoboost via MPVI 2 and getting Read Failed - Controller Unlocker: x7F Service Not supported in Active Session

https://i.gyazo.com/2df5e516c2261dc3...7e3fa39ee1.png

Whats wrong can be here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Tryed to read Mustang Ecoboost via MPVI 2 and getting Read Failed - Controller Unlocker: x7F Service Not supported in Active Session

https://i.gyazo.com/2df5e516c2261dc3...7e3fa39ee1.png

Whats wrong can be here?
    This vehicle has most likely been previously tuned with another software package. That is usually the cause of that.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    This vehicle has most likely been previously tuned with another software package. That is usually the cause of that.
    So it can not be read by HPTuners? most tuned ecu by third party are easily readable by HPTuners ))))

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    So it can not be read by HPTuners? most tuned ecu by third party are easily readable by HPTuners ))))
    Correct. Some of our competitors implement procedures designed to lock the ECU outside of their ecosystem. Not all of them do this, but some do, and in this case you ran into one of those.
    You'd have to return the vehicle to stock/remove their lock before we will be able to read it.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

I'm having this issue on a 2018 ecoboost mustang with mpvi1 bought straight from the dealer and no tunes on it. It wont even detect ECU

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    should work
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    i'm having this issue on a 2016 Ford Escape ecoboost 2.0L. We purchased it new from the dealership in 2016 and hasn't had a tune.

Same here on a 2018 f-150 with my mpvi pro
    Any solutions??

Are you guys using the latest Beta?