Thread: C63 injectors

Tuner in Training

C63 injectors

Hey guys, just wanted to touch bases to see if this helps anyone else out. Went with larger 1000cc injectors, scaling the Inj Pulse Mult table only made me throw P0603 codes, which is a PCM fault. I've tried moving this table one way or another, and it kept throwing the code. Ultimately I scaled the MAFv tables, and that seems to be doing the trick, but I have a vacuum leak that I haven't had a chance to diagnose so the car is just sitting for now.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys what I've found.

1k is pretty large compared to stock! How far off was the LTFT from the stock table when you logged it?

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately I haven't gotten to drive it, it's on the back burner, found out the intake manifold was cracked (probably my fault). Lets just say the german torque specs were not good enough lol.

So get this vacuum leak fixed, and i'm going to go back and see how far I can adjust the Injector Pulse table to see, so I started off taking about 50% of it out right off the jump, and the car would start and idle, but once you applied throttle it'd instantly go into limp mode. I'm going to see if we can try to do say, 20% or 25%, that way we're not relying totally on the MAF tables.
    Last edited by ihiryu; 02-27-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I wouldn't just start changing values all crazy. You should have a tune for the stock injectors with the MAF dialed in, swap injectors, run the car and see where the LTFT drifts to, subtract that amount from the injector table, test again. If you haven't raised the max permissible tq table and removed other tq limiters you are going to keep throwing that code and going into limp mode when changing the injector or even MAF scaling. Logging correctly will be key when doing all this!

Tuner in Training
    The problem was the car wouldn't even START with the injectors in it. Which is why I had to alter the MAF table to get it even started. I'm sorry what torque stuff should I be changing? I've been quite busy at my day job, I haven't even had a chance to go back and play with the MB

Tuner in Training
    I had removed basically all TQ limiters and raised permissible TQ table. I?m still going into limo mode. Has anybody been successfully at scaling injectors up without HP Tuner without going into limp mode and throw ECM codes?

Tuner in Training
    Bump!

It?s been a few months and I now have some time to re-attempt scaling larger injectors. Before I start this time around, I?m curious if anybody can point me to the right direction on the parameters to look at. I don?t want to blow off the top of my spark plugs again. I?m trying to scale to 630cc injectors running E-85. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!