Thread: trans 4l80e problems

Tuner

trans 4l80e problems

I was working on this turbo truck with a 4l80e and doesn't seem to be going into gear got this log any ideas before we change out trans thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I'm no expert here, your desired torque in torque management is set to 0 you need to bump it up to 640.Your log shows the trans at -38 and never changes, like I said I'm no expert.I would get a pressure gauge and see if you have any line pressure. then check your electronics connections.
    Last edited by DougO; 02-27-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Tuner
    Ok intresting ill chane the desire torque and see what it does becuase it will move the truck but after 5 minutes it wont, so i feel like something electrical, ill also check if i have line pressure, all outside pan connections are good ill have to check internal and temp sensor

Advanced Tuner
    unplug the trans and see if it has any delay going into reverse, if it does the trans is shot, reverse doesn't need any electronics to make it work
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    unplug the trans and see if it has any delay going into reverse, if it does the trans is shot, reverse doesn't need any electronics to make it work

I tried this and it does move but after 5 minutes it doesn't anymore im guessing its the pump or filter

Plugged filter, bad torque converter (most likely), or damaged pump from improper trans installation (torque converter not seated). I'd go in this order for most likely culprit;
    1. Bad Converter
    2. Damage from improper installation
    3. Plugged filter.

Classic signs of a failed torque converter are that it will work when dead cold, but as soon as it starts to build heat, it will drop out.