Thread: Ls1/ l98 knock sensor issues

Potential Tuner

Ls1/ l98 knock sensor issues

Hi all,

I'm tuning an ls1/l98 it's a l98 engine, going into a ls1 original chassis, the owner is keeping the 4l60e on the car, hence using the ls1 gen 3 PCM. It is using a Lingenfelter converter box.

The car is turbo, running a 2 bar map sensor, has been set to run in speed density. it is all working perfectly fine and the tuning has been no problem so far. Though I'm having a persistent full throttle knock retard issue with some sort of false knock.

We are using the ls1 resonant style knock sensors that have been lathed down and cut to the right thread to fit into the l98 knock sensor location.

I have just about turned the knock sensors down the their minimum sensitivity and it is still happening. The car isn't knocking as confirmed with knock ears.

Each time I flash in a new map, The car will do 1 Full throttle run without pulling timing, then the second time I put the foot down it pulls timing. I can't understand why.

Does anyone have some insight into this?? I have a Log so you can see what I mean. At 2:05 you can see the 1st pull, no knock retard. the second and third pulls at 3:38 and 3:50 it pulls max knock retard. This is consistent, 1st pull after a new reflash, no knock retard, every pull after it pulls the max amount.

How can I attach the log file??

Cheers, Tom

Tuner
    go to advanced next to reply and youll see the paperclip, click that to find and attach your files

Potential Tuner
    any update? i am tuning a 05 tahoe with a summit stage 2 truck cam, and having same issues, high and low tables both set to stock low. (no dyno) take a drive and run it up long hill, everything is great. ride around and next long hill make another pull and its pulling 3-8 degrees at wot, rinse and repeat same thing