Thread: Two Bar OS Map for E37/LE5

Potential Tuner

Two Bar OS Map for E37/LE5

Just added a turbo to the LE5 in a sand rail. Have been using the E37 controller setup because it came from the donor car. Without an option for a Two Bar Map on this platform, not sure how to proceed with the MAP tuning. Anyone else run into this before? Any recommendations? Currently still has the MAF in place. I appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Advanced Tuner
    You can either use maf only and since you.dont have a option to upgrade the os you'll have to just tune the vve tables

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    switch to maf enhanced tune prior to the boost pressure going out of range or get a stand alone ecu made for custom applications. there are no os upgrades on 4 cyl gm ecu's that i am aware of
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the help. The E37 doesn’t seem to support the vve like an E67. Do you think I would be better swapping to an E67 or is it possible to scale the map readings? Sorry for the rookie questions, I am not a professional tuner by far .

Advanced Tuner
    the e37 has vve its up in : edit/virtual volumetric efficiency atleast it is for a standard 08 HHR

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yes this^^

its possible to switch to a e67 by using a trifecta flash to allow stand alone use while using hptuners but again you need to source all the devices related to that module.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    thank you both for your help. I will think on this for a couple days.

Tuner in Training
    E37 VVE should be good up to 2.5 Bar. Do you have the newest version of HPT?

Potential Tuner
    I do have the newest version of HPT, unfortunately I don’t have the experience that some of you have. I’m going to go forward with the e67 swap,as it’s almost complete. At this point I’m not sure if it will help me at all. Trifecta responded to my request for a stand alone tune. They said they can’t help me with it being turbocharged. Too bad HPT doesn’t offer a two bar OS for four cyl, it seems that would make it easier. Thank you all for your help.

Tuner in Training
    E37/E67 are virtually identical to how you tune them. With the e67 youre still going to have to tune the virtual ve tables rather than a traditional VE table. 2.5 bar is still perfectly fine on an e67.