Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed - E67 CTSV Tune - PE working but Wideband not showing change

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    saw your file and needed to make some adjustments your ignition map was crazy. your dynamic settings wrong.

try this

Matt's 350ZL1 FIC Data - Perfect Idle - MAF Tuning #6 - 2-27-2019 test.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    shouldn't his dynamic settings be disabled if he is trying to tune his maf? you have them at the stock configuration

Advanced Tuner
    Dynamic airflow Disable 200 and re enable 100 is for maf only mode

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    saw your file and needed to make some adjustments your ignition map was crazy. your dynamic settings wrong.

try this

I will take a look and give a try. I have the SD Tune dialed in pretty well, no lean condition there.

I was under the impression that the enable /re-enable had to be set to 200 / 100 RPM for the MAF Tuning part. Once I get the MAF Tuned correctly, then I would set the enable / re-enable to the correct stock values, right ? or am I way off ?

Advanced Tuner
    how i said to make your dynamic settings are proper for maf only tuning....200/100. you cannot have ve enabled at all otherwise you will get improper data. now since you have ve tuned and will get maf tuned in shortly then sure by all means put it to back to the stock configuration to run a blend tune with the settings at 4k/3800. all that means is it will use a blend of maf and ve for fueling calculations up to 4k and then it will use maf only for fueling after that
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Tuner in Training

try this

SultanHassanMasTuning / TCSS07, I changed the MAF Table, Spark High and low Octane tables and well...... it is still showing a commanded ratio of .789 or so, and the wideband is reading 1.2 Lambda when I try to accelerate.

I will say that the new spark tables have reduced/eliminated the knock.

I have included another log, PLEASE, some more advice would be appreciated, I am not sure why changing the values in the MAF Table is not making a huge difference. This is an LS3 MAF if that makes a difference ? I mean I don't think it should and it is reading, so.....

Does the fact that the speedo is not reading 100% correctly ? I have not yet been able to find the correct gear ratio that will make the VCM Scanner show the correct speed of the vehicle.

cap 1.PNG

Matt's 350ZL1 FIC Data - Perfect Idle - MAF Tuning #8 - 3-1-2019.hpt

quick drive 3-1-2019.hpl

Matt's Custom Layout.Layout.xml
    Last edited by xtantaudio; 03-02-2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: adding image

please log fuel pressure.

also if you dialed in SD then the blend state should be fine

Matt's 350ZL1 FIC Data - Perfect Idle - MAF Tuning #8 - 3-1-2019 dont mess with PE setting.hpt
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 03-02-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Just an observation but shouldn't the data be filtered? There are no filters to clean up the histogram data in that layout.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 03-02-2019 at 04:22 AM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    either your fuel pressure is dropping off or you just need more air. add another 30-40% and see
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-02-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Tuner in Training
    please log fuel pressure.

also if you dialed in SD then the blend state should be fine

Matt's 350ZL1 FIC Data - Perfect Idle - MAF Tuning #8 - 3-1-2019 dont mess with PE setting.hpt
    SultanHassanMasTuning, I increased the MAF Calibration table by another 40%. Finally getting positive results.

I just found it hard to believe that the numbers had to be raised by almost 120% over stock. I guess I was just nervous to increase them that much, but it has worked.

I cant get the log file to upload, I am guessing it is too large, but things are looking MUCH better, just a few more long drives, logging the MAF / AFR stuff and making changes and I should be good !

I want to thank everyone for helping, I would have been stumped without some input.

Advanced Tuner
    Good! Glad to hear it. Yeah sometimes it takes that much so dont be alarmed - same same goes for idle airflow - sometimes the numbers seem large but if it is what the the car wants then it is what it is. My buddies ls1 n/a large cam 102mm fast tb/Intake with prc's heads on 60s - I needed to double his maf to even get it in the ballpark of what the car wanted. So your moving in the right direction - just keep working at it and when its all done you can either keep it maf only, go back to speed density or use a blend tune but that choice will be left up to you as to which way drives better to you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xtantaudio View Post
    SultanHassanMasTuning, I increased the MAF Calibration table by another 40%. Finally getting positive results.

I just found it hard to believe that the numbers had to be raised by almost 120% over stock. I guess I was just nervous to increase them that much, but it has worked.

I cant get the log file to upload, I am guessing it is too large, but things are looking MUCH better, just a few more long drives, logging the MAF / AFR stuff and making changes and I should be good !

I want to thank everyone for helping, I would have been stumped without some input.
    So, in short, you just had to increase your maf curve dramatically correct? Is your commanded fueling lining up with your actual fueling (wideband reading)?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    So, in short, you just had to increase your maf curve dramatically correct? Is your commanded fueling lining up with your actual fueling (wideband reading)?
    sgod1100, yes, I believe that from the start of the MAF tuning to now I have increased the values over 5000 Hz by almost 150 to 180% over the stock values. I just didn't think that I would have to adjust that far, that is why I made the original post, I just didn't want to start throwing in/raising the numbers like that and not get a result. - Sanity check I guess. I am assuming that ported heads, massive cam, ported supercharger, ported snout, and ported throttle body must make be making more of a difference in air flow than I expected !

Wideband AFR / Lambda is now matching what my commanded AFR / Lamba values are showing described by the Power Enrichment EQ Ratio table (which is a multiplier of the Stoich AFR Table). Once I get my MAF values dialed in to the point that the wideband AFR equals the commanded amount, I will just make slight adjustments to the PE EQ Ratio tables in order to lean out the tune a bit (as long as I stay with a safe AFR obviously).

Then I can move on to testing E85 and my flex fuel sensor I have installed and tuning the PE EQ Ratio (Alcohol) table.(if necessary)

I am also thinking about installing an EGT gauge/probe setup in one of the exhaust runners to make sure I stay in a safe range when I try "fine tuning" the PE EQ Tables....

Advanced Tuner
    Glad to hear you are getting it worked out! With all of those mods I'm not surprised that you had to throw that much additional fuel to it. Yeah, once your commanded fuel equals your actual fuel you can adjust the PE as you wish and it should match whatever values you put in.

if your having massive drop in fuel pressure then your compensating via MAF. FP at WOT should be around 65PSI holding