Thread: need a little help here

need a little help here

this is a coyote/6r80 in a 1966 bronco with a ron frances harness.

it is poping out the intake randomly.
    trans is all screwed up
    and i cant seem to figure it out and it is going to be something stupid but i have been on this thing for 5 weeks now. It could be right in my face and i woould look right over it qt this point

Thank you all for the advice,\
    Mark Marley
    Attached Files Attached Files

A couple suggestions:

- Avoid SAE parameters, they log at a lower rate. Find the non-SAE equivalent when possible.

- Your fuel system status is in a "fault" state, so something is very wrong. You need to find out whether it is there on startup, or if it runs without that status for some length of time first. Start the next log when you crank it.

- Your STFT's essentially match at around +20% fuel, but only one of your widebands shows a near stoichiometric burn. The other wideband shows 40% lean, even with +18% fuel. Something is big time wrong there. Maybe you are logging the wrong WB signal or something.

- You don't have enough channels logged to diagnose. I'll attach a channel map file I use, hopefully most will work on yours.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the reply. I will get a new log in the morning. Your link is broken but i will load and log all that i can. Never mind the fuel Fault it is there because we are not using the fuel module

Tuner
    Just an idea - You may want to double check your O2 Sensor wiring. Maybe left/right is reversed. I had this once on a coyote swap customer vehicle that came to me with sort of same fueling behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by marleyperformance View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I will get a new log in the morning. Your link is broken but i will load and log all that i can. Never mind the fuel Fault it is there because we are not using the fuel module

The link looks fine to me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    Just an idea - You may want to double check your O2 Sensor wiring. Maybe left/right is reversed. I had this once on a coyote swap customer vehicle that came to me with sort of same fueling behavior.
    I was going to suggest this one as well. Definitely check for simple mistakes like this, and also any other possible wiring issues.

After several days of beating my head against the wall I found our ths issue. The ecu is for a 4.2L v6. Is there a way to add the missing items to the ecu or are we looking at a new ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    A couple suggestions:
    Avoid SAE parameters, they log at a lower rate. Find the non-SAE equivalent when possible.
    Yup, and one SAE parameter can slow down the entire log to the absurd level.

Quote Originally Posted by marleyperformance View Post
    After several days of beating my head against the wall I found our ths issue. The ecu is for a 4.2L v6. Is there a way to add the missing items to the ecu or are we looking at a new ecu?
    Wow! Are you sure? How this can even start is beyond me.

yes i am sure and as for the starting i have no idea but it will run with all the coils on the drivers side bank and 2 on the pass side bank unplugged. i had the part number, vin, and calibration numbers ran by the dealer all three numbers came back as 4.2l

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Wow! Are you sure? How this can even start is beyond me.
    Right. How can this even start if it's from a 4.2L pushrod engine!!! The firing order for a 4.2 is 1-4-2-5-3-6. The firing order for a 5.0 Coyote is 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2. They are nothing alike!

If this is true though and it's a 4.2L that PCM would be lacking ALOT of circuitry and processing power.

Get a proper ECU - there's no way around it.