Thread: 2008 2.9 Colorado Fan

Advanced Tuner

2008 2.9 Colorado Fan

I'm looking at converting from the clutch fan over to electric fan, but I am unsure which selection in the system file selection on which to choose for it to be controlled by the PCM for T-stat & a/c turn on temp/delay?

Anyone ever do this? How did you wire it up and then set the tune for it?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    2008 should be E67 so just wire it like a TrailBlazer or V8 Colorado for efans. Make the necessary changes to your file in the System -> Fans and good to go. You have to make a handful of changes in the tune, IIRC changing about 5 or 6 tables. There are a few stock vehicles to compare or you can find a tuned file floating around here. There are a few vendors (hint hint) that sell efan kits and explain what tune modifications need to be made.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    2008 should be E67 so just wire it like a TrailBlazer or V8 Colorado for efans. Make the necessary changes to your file in the System -> Fans and good to go. You have to make a handful of changes in the tune, IIRC changing about 5 or 6 tables. There are a few stock vehicles to compare or you can find a tuned file floating around here. There are a few vendors (hint hint) that sell efan kits and explain what tune modifications need to be made.
    Which trailblazer had the e-fan? I only recollect those being equipped with clutch style.
    I looked up the vendor's for my application, but they either are no longer supporting the 2008's or they want 400+ for a kit that isn't what I am fully after (comes with an aftermarket controller) .

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure which fan still. Few trips to the yard and all had clutch style