Thread: 17 camaro 2.0 pe

Potential Tuner

17 camaro 2.0 pe

For some reason I can put any arbitrary number into power enrichment however on the datalog my commanded does not change . Am I missing something here ? Also on the torque management map a and c the values are -500000 to 500000. What does this value represent ?

Advanced Tuner
    Values should represent axle torque off the top of my head. Just like the description listed for the table states.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-01-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    As far as the power enrichment goes is it just staying at stoic the whole time at WOT? You've made changes like lowering the 8000 rpm PE delay and stick like 1.0 at least into the enrichment ramp in?? I've never cared for the high 95% throttle PE enable either (especially boosted applications), I lower this down by a good chunk. I also lower the PE enable torque as well.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Potential Tuner
    No it?s commanding 11.5 but I have it programmed to command 12.7 the delay is set to 0 and off above 3000 rpm. The torque percentage is set to 20%

Potential Tuner
    As far as the torque in the torque management it?s not normal numbers under map a or map c. For example at 86% throttle at 80 mph the value is 2,894.

Potential Tuner
    heres the map so you can see what I am talking about

ft 1.hptft1.hpl

Potential Tuner
    log attached too

Advanced Tuner
    your actually commanding a 12.17 afr in your pe ratio chart. 14/1.15= 12.17.
    there are other charts that effect afr commanded. you still have piston protection and knock enrichment enabled which are charts that also add fuel. you need to have those disabled when doing wot fueling. your knock enrichment is commanding a 11.57 at 4400 so thats probably the chart the most effecting the afr issue but you need to disable both
    to tune properly you need to put the it maf only mode and tune the maf and then you need to put it in speed density and tune the vve tables - you can find more about that on here
    your driver demand settings are based off axle torque for your application
    i would just 0 out the entire enable section for pe, make the enable pedal 60 across the board, 0 out the delay step and increase your pe ramp in/out to get to your desire afr quicker. i normally start out with using 1.0 for ramp in and out and adjust from there
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-01-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    there are other charts that effect afr commanded. you still have piston protection and knock enrichment enabled which are charts that also add fuel. you need to have those disabled when doing wot fueling. your knock enrichment is commanding a 11.57 at 4400 so thats probably the chart the most effecting the afr issue but you need to disable both
    to tune properly you need to put the maf is maf only mode and tune the maf and then you need to put it in speed density and tune the vve tables - you can find more about that on here
    Thank you , by axle torque you are referring to the driver demand maps correct? Is there a thread on this ecu? I looked but couldn?t find any. It?s an e80a is it the same as the e39 ats?

Advanced Tuner
    edited the post above and yes to the driver demand tables
    not really and yeah i have the e80a in my le2 cruze but the premise is the same for tuning pretty much as is for the others like the e38,e39,e78 and what not
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-01-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Potential Tuner
    to tune properly you need to put the it maf only mode and tune the maf and then you need to put it in speed density and tune the vve tables - you can find more about that on here
    i would just 0 out the entire enable section for pe, make the enable pedal 60 across the board, 0 out the delay step and increase your pe ramp in/out to get to your desire afr quicker. i normally start out with using 1.0 for ramp in and out and adjust from there
    Why tune the VVE after tuning via MAF on this ECU? What is the logic of doing both? I'm also trying to understand what its asking for, and am being told it will pull from both vve and maf tables?
    Thanks for the info BTW!

Advanced Tuner
    You don't have to if you dont want to I was just saying that's the 100% proper way of doing things. If you want to run maf only then go for it. I do the same on my lsj but I still tuned my ve just incase the maf ever fails. If the maf fails it will default to the ve/vve charts for fueling so it's not a bad thing to have them dialed in but again not a necessity to do so. just be prepared for driveability issues if its not but thats obviously based off the mods done to the vehicle. i mean a cai and exhaust probably wont effect it to bad but lets say big turbo,cams,headwork and stuff then yeah
    You tell the ecm which charts to look at for fueling by your dynamic airflow settings for disable/re enable. For maf only you would set it to 200 disable and 100 re enable. For vve tuning only you would set it to 8000 disable and 7900 re enable, set maf hz to 0 in engine diag, set dtcs p0101-p0103 to mil on first error and copy over your high octane to your low octane (speed density mode defaults to low octane spark chart). Then you could put it at like 4000/3900 so it will use a blend of maf/vve up to 4k and then maf only from there. It comes down to personal preference really. I just prefer maf only because it seems to drive smoother to me but im also cammed and ve just makes it too touchy
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-01-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Forgot to also say for a blend tune you need to put the settings back to a maf only set up with the maf hz in engine diag and put your low octane spark table back and what not then use the 4000/3900 setting for dynamic airflow

Potential Tuner
    I was just typing that question. Makes perfect sense! Thank you sir!

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to also say for a blend tune you need to put the settings back to a maf only set up with the maf hz in engine diag and put your low octane spark table back and what not then use the 4000/3900 setting for dynamic airflow
    I?m not exactly getting the boost control.why Is the resolution 1,000,000 on the driver demand tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a good read that also applies to your application. I assume you haven't been tuning for too long? Just have some reading and studying to do in my opinion. The boost control on your operating system can be a bit complex and you'll just have to have some testing and tuning and trial and error.

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...vanced_e78.htm
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-02-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rickfabb View Post
    why Is the resolution 1,000,000 on the driver demand tables.
    Because the numbers in the DD tables in your particular application represent axle torque.
    2017 Silverado LTZ