Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: tuning virtual volumetric efficentcy table

Tuner in Training
    I found a solution for the baro ratio PID, you will have to set the fault to 1:1, then run both the map sensor and the baro as 1 bar with a 2 or 3 bar setup, if you can find a way to scale it, you could switch it back when operating the MAF and VE together.

Tuner
    For the pressure ratio limit.. has anyone just put a 2 in there and tried to flash it to see if it works? I know it is a gamble to enter values higher than HPtuners recommends, but could be worth a shot. When I read over Alvin's post (#45) again, I get the impression that is what he is doing..
    2014 Silverado L83 | Knockoff S369 Turbo | LT1 Fuel Pump and Injectors | MAST L84 Port Intake | MS3Pro Secondary Fuel Computer

Quote Originally Posted by MORLOK View Post
    For the pressure ratio limit.. has anyone just put a 2 in there and tried to flash it to see if it works? I know it is a gamble to enter values higher than HPtuners recommends, but could be worth a shot. When I read over Alvin's post (#45) again, I get the impression that is what he is doing..
    I tried that one in 2014 and it didn't do anything.

After some messing around it seems the answer is a simple as making the MAF codes "not reported" finally managed to do VVE into boost on LT4 Corvette having not been able to get either the last 2 Corvettes or LT4 Camaro to play ball.

Now is HP can offer separate cam position tuning we will be set.

So tuned up no problems, intermittent snap lean from idle free rev, anybody sused out the transient with no wall wetting???

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    I just tried another round and still the same problem. I can get my idle perfect, trims pretty much 0, timing steady at 17*, throttle good, torque matches. Take a small drive to gather error data, copy and paste special ,multiply by % and out the window it goes. I'd be happy to post up a video if someone is willing to help to see if in fact I am doing something wrong.

I am also getting boundary errors. If someone can elaborate on this maybe it would help me along. What is it checking it against? My rows and axis in the editor match 100%, my row and axis has been changed via the options in the VE editor to a 3 bar map. What else might need to be changed in the editor besides changing the rows and axis in the VE editor to match.

Here is what I did...

Changed out my stock MAP to the red label, adjusted my MAP characteristics accordingly, left MAP estimation alone along with the other settings AAP1,2,3 and it is set to NI-TIAP. Went to my VE table changed the options to 3 bar, copied row and column axis to my scanner to match then on to scanning.....

Am I missing anything anywhere?
    Anywhere you can point me for how to "adjusted my MAP characteristics accordingly" after putting the red label in my Whippled 2017 Silverado?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by batsy74 View Post
    Anywhere you can point me for how to "adjusted my MAP characteristics accordingly" after putting the red label in my Whippled 2017 Silverado?
    Thanks!
    MAP sensor linear should be 312.50kPa and MAP sensor offset should be -11.25kPa

Also, something I suspected but did not really get an answer to was to set your MAP estimation max to at least 200kPa. Still not sure if it's high enough though. The way I see it is that somehow this represents the calibration range of what ever sensor you have in place.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    correlation is not causation. never forget that.

"faster cars around...." lol, around WHERE? no one knows who or what is out there running what. WORLD RECORD!!! (of the people reading this). Come on with that....

there are more people who DON'T want you to know what they have than people who need to brag about what they have.

tuning VVE is 99% about driveability, shifting, idling, smoothness, etc and tuning it properly certainly doesn't make your car slower....

typically when a tuner doesn't address the VVE this is a choice of time and money. if you get charged the same price (due to competition) for a tune where Tuner A spends 30 minutes loading his base tune and making a few dyno pulls to get the MAF in line and tells you "It runs like that cause of the big cam, you got a real man's car" vs Calibrator A telling you "I tuned the VVE for you for a couple hours so it drives just like stock and won't die when youre coasting or idling" and they both are going to put down similar numbers within margin of error, the VVE tuned car possibly putting down more depending on knock retard problems, who are you going to use?

The Hype Man or the Calibrator?
    does Tuner A charge more than tuner B? am i a tight ass who is making this decision based only on dollar signs and a high dyno number forsaking the cars drivability?