Thread: 4l80e unwanted lockup in second gear

Advanced Tuner

4l80e unwanted lockup in second gear

I have a 2000 silverado that I swapped in a lq4 and 4l80e. Everything seems good except I can't get it to stop commanding lock up in second gear under wot. When I am cruising around it does just what I want but when I floor it it commands lockup when I get into second gear. Anybody have any suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm, that is weird. At a quick glance I didn't see why it would lock up when it's not set too.

Though I did see that speed density is setup wrong. MAF fail high must be set to 0hz and the MAF dtc's need to be set to MIL on first error. Seen weird things happens when the MAF isn't failed right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I did what you said, then I did write entire because I think you have to do write entire to make anything in the engine and tranny diagnosis take effect? It still locked up the same anything else you can think of, or did I do something wrong? Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know you swapped this engine & trans into your vehicle... What about the wiring harness? Do you have BOTH speed sensors on the 80E connected and working? Can you log the input, or turbine, speed sensor and let's see what it is showing.

Ask support to add the Full Throttle TCC tables. I had support add these tables to a 2000 6L 4L80E Silverado.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I just wired the harness for the extra speed sensor. I did the same thing on my brothers truck and his is working good. I could try logging the input and output rpm on the tranny. It shifts fine when I am just cruising around though.

Advanced Tuner
    What do you mean about the full throttle TCC. The main converter apply/release tables go 0 to 100 percent throttle. I was talking with evan from evans tuning and he is thinking that it might be some kind of an segment swap issue. I ordered a ecu from a 2000 lq4 4l80e combo that I am going to try out. Thanks

This is the Full Throttle TCC tables that support added for me.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for the suggestion russ. I contacted them and I will see what they say. Is that the same problem that you were having before they added those tables in for you?

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a lot Russ!!! That worked, support set up the full throttle converter lockup and it works perfect. You da man