Thread: 5.3L turbo stumble at WOT and P1101 code

Tuner in Training

5.3L turbo stumble at WOT and P1101 code

Hey Guys, I have read quite a bit on this forum and wanted to say thanks to all those who give advice.
    I keep getting a P1101 code at WOT and more importantly a stumble that shakes the truck bad. It was also throwing misfire codes but that seems to have gone away after changing the plugs to NGK TR7IX.
    I have a tune in it but think there are some MAP/MAF calibration issues as the boost gauge reads a max of 12 PSI but the 24.4 PSI and I would think they should be the same?

There is a lean spike at 00:00:31.603 and at the same time the INJ B1 is showing 0.0 (ms) so maybe I have a bad injector.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

march 2nd.hpl

under engine diagnostics, change P0101, P0106, P0121 to MIN temp at 256 degrees, airflow correlation enable Rpm to 8000, turn MAP high volt test to disabled. That should help with the error code when going into boost.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks for the advice RySmDPT14, I reflashed it and see what happens tomorrow. Any thoughts on the injector pulse disappearing under WOT?

Swap the injector to opposite bank and see if it happens. If it does the inejctor is bad. If the same cylinder as before shows cutting out then it’s the harness/wiring

Advanced Tuner
    Wouldn't the injector ms be an ECM command? If so, what is commanding fuel cut or shorting out bank circuit?

Advanced Tuner
    One could unplug each injector one at a time and determine if injector is shorting vs. swap?

Tuner in Training
    Considering the injectors are buried under the intake manifold this sounds like a great Idea. I have added all the injectors individually to HP scanner and it shows they are all getting power. I have now figured out that i can record which individual cyliders are misfiring so I am going to give that a try.

If I need to replace the injectors I will do so with bigger ones. I think LT4 injectors are the best bang for the buck. Any thought on this would be great. I have an L83 5.3L gen V

Advanced Tuner
    The misfires are a good monitor. The injector rail connectors would be the access point vs. removing the intake.

Tuner in Training
    I agree for the money if you are already at the point of removing the intake just buy the injector and fuel lines. You can buy the stock or lt4 but if you buy lt4 injectors then buy the pump and that is a little bit more money.
    You can set up config files to track the cylinder you believe has the issues.
    I had the values for those codes at 260* and 264* RPM at 8000 and map high volt test disabled. Never had that code. I had baro issues and did a break out for that but it wasn't a must. And I fixed that issue in tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow1500 View Post
    I agree for the money if you are already at the point of removing the intake just buy the injector and fuel lines. You can buy the stock or lt4 but if you buy lt4 injectors then buy the pump and that is a little bit more money.
    You can set up config files to track the cylinder you believe has the issues.
    I had the values for those codes at 260* and 264* RPM at 8000 and map high volt test disabled. Never had that code. I had baro issues and did a break out for that but it wasn't a must. And I fixed that issue in tune.
    I set the config to track misfires as suggested in the all cylinders and found that #5 is the issue. I have swapped out the plugs and wires but that didnt help. I am going to swap the coil with one of the others and see if that is the issue.