Thread: New to Tuning some advice

Tuner in Training

New to Tuning some advice

Would like you guys to look over this and see what you think. New this reading all I can. Have tuned a lot of big inch drag motors carb and plug reading. The set up is a 5.3 gen 3 4l80e 76mm turbo cam is 220 581 114 lobe. Any input or thought are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    The STFT and LTFT do not log what am I doing wrong? Also it shows that fuel system 1 ol not ready

Advanced Tuner
    Im not at home but open loop not ready is why your trims dont work.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner in Training
    Ok what can I do to get that to be on?

Tuner
    I see you hit 135* at the end, your not logging the correct PIDs you need stft and ltft, set it up with those and it should log them. you will need to setup your histogram to get them in there as well.
    Last edited by DougO; 03-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Fix the open loop issue.

But honestly I would toss the idea of using fuel trims out the window if you are trying to use them to tune with. The wideband o2 sensor is going to be the best route to take to fix any fueling issues.

.450mv is a dead give away to a power issue to the sensor. Either it's unplugged or has no power. Possible fuse problem as well. The other bank 1 sensor moves a little bit but gets stuck around 3-250mv.

Data logs are also missing your bank 1 trims, knock retard, injector pulse width avg, cylinder airmass. (burst knock is not knock retard)

Rest the tune needs work, VE is kinda choppy and the timing curve is leaving a lot to be desired as it dips down to 10 degrees way too fast. Also both timing tables should not mirror each other, the low octane table needs to have less timing incase of knock. The knock learn factor will blend between the two tables if you do see knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you guys so much I will start reading and making the changes. This is new to me where should I start do you think? With the car idling it seems to run very rich.