Thread: Audi Compatibility

Audi Compatibility

I upgraded to the MPVI2 specifically to tune Audi?s. So far I have hooked up to 4 different Audi?s and the program will not work on any of them. I have people lined up ready for tuning but I cant tune any of their cars. I don?t know why they advertise Audi when it doesn?t work.
    My Avatar is my Wife and Proud of it!!
    1970 Chevelle SS 8.1 Vortec T56 9" 3.00
    2006 3500HD 8.1 vortec Allison 6sp 4.10 4X4
    2013 Audi A5 Cab 2.0tfsi Quatro
    www.mcmnapa.com

The cars you tried to connect to are they on the supported vehicle list?

Yes. All of them.

Ok i'm sure you started a support ticket. If not please do you will need to include the info.log while connected to at least one of the cars and make sure your using the most up to date version of beta software.

Have you had better luck with Audi since then?
    Jim Ferraro
    Director | US Import & International
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to get into my 2014 Audi A4 and while it said it read the ECU it then told me the file wasn't for my car and that I wasn't able to save, edit or anything else to it. I just emailed support but if anyone knows what I need to do in order to tune it be great to share! If and when I figure it out I'll do the same!

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post your info log and file please?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCarini View Post
    I'm trying to get into my 2014 Audi A4 and while it said it read the ECU it then told me the file wasn't for my car and that I wasn't able to save, edit or anything else to it. I just emailed support but if anyone knows what I need to do in order to tune it be great to share! If and when I figure it out I'll do the same!
    Have you updated to the latest Beta version? I got a similar error message just from trying to open my tune files in a version that had been working perfectly before.

Cheers,
    Alex

Potential Tuner
    That was the problem. Now that I got a good look at the ECU I'm not sure I want to try to tune it. I'm currently back searching for any and all info on how to do it but I can't find much info. Seems easier to just get a cookie cutter tune from APR or something, but then again I do like a challenge. I just really don't want to blow it up or it take a year to get any real power gains from it.

Tuner
    Well just my opinion... coming from the Megasquirt world and DIY tuning of a few older cars, I found the current stuff to be about 10x harder. But it's not impossible... with a lot of help from people here, I've managed to get some decent power gains on my '12 A4 and my '14 A6 3.0t. Start by reading threads here and trying to get a basic understanding of how things work, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCarini View Post
    That was the problem. Now that I got a good look at the ECU I'm not sure I want to try to tune it. I'm currently back searching for any and all info on how to do it but I can't find much info. Seems easier to just get a cookie cutter tune from APR or something, but then again I do like a challenge. I just really don't want to blow it up or it take a year to get any real power gains from it.
    I have had apr in previous cars, and IE in my current B8 Avant. Going from those OTS tunes to HP tuners was like going from stock to stage 3.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-tt View Post
    I have had apr in previous cars, and IE in my current B8 Avant. Going from those OTS tunes to HP tuners was like going from stock to stage 3.
    Really how so? I am currently Stage 2 dual by IE on my 12 A6, just got the HPT to unlock its potential, 7250rpm shift points, AMAX counter max etc. wish i could just find a file someone has already made thats safe. seems Audi guys are more greedy with their findings and knowledge then the dodge guys. been quoted $400-$600 depending on who you ask. im going to plunge right into it tho ive got VCDS and have done more adaptions and coding then most. so i should learn really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAZ View Post
    Really how so? I am currently Stage 2 dual by IE on my 12 A6, just got the HPT to unlock its potential, 7250rpm shift points, AMAX counter max etc. wish i could just find a file someone has already made thats safe. seems Audi guys are more greedy with their findings and knowledge then the dodge guys. been quoted $400-$600 depending on who you ask. im going to plunge right into it tho ive got VCDS and have done more adaptions and coding then most. so i should learn really fast.
    I am b8 a4 2.0 non flex fuel. you are already running a dual pulley mod and i assume e40. I was saying from the standpoint of tuning the ecu and you apparently are only looking at the tcu still gains to be had there not as much as ecu/tcu combined although not sure how much more you would get out of the ecu.

Potential Tuner
    how is it like going stage 3? cuz the ZF8 adjustments or ECU tuning?

Potential Tuner
    my bad didnt see your reply