Thread: Convert to 2 Bar OS, E67

Convert to 2 Bar OS, E67

Hello-

In order to gain more granularity for my upcoming E-Fan addition (2007 TBSS), I'm going to convert to 2-bar OS.
    It seems I need to copy over some VVE information and other tables, no issues there. My question is-
    can I just keep my normal 1 bar MAP sensor in place, make no changes to anything and still be ok? Im literally just changing to 2-bar OS for the fan temp stuff. I see I'll need to change the MAP Sensor Linear (ECM 4010) back to 105 kpa.

Also, I hit the apply button on OS enchancement just to check out what changes with the new OS in terms of fan temp, still doesn't look like I can go below 192F. Any tips appreciated, thanks. Also, I'm looking to keep normal blended fueling operation; VVE below 4k rpm and MAF only above, just like factory. I'm assuming this application (1250241 2 bar OS) retains the OEM functionality, it just gives you the ability to actually use a 2 bar MAP and change fan temp stuff, as well as I know I've read something about the addition of a table (EQ ratio vs MAP) for boosted applications.

Thanks

You have to save and reopen the file to see the OS changes.

I just did the same thing but on a 2006 (E40, no VVE but similar otherwise), for about the same reasons. Runs no different than stock after correcting the MAP settings.

sounds good, thank you very much

Converted to the Custom OS this afternoon, happy to say everything went well, trims are still +/- 3 LTFT across the board, so that's nice. I thought my idle was pretty good before, but now its really smooth, which is nice. Headers, 3k stall, rpm lvl 6, nothin else as of yet. I've done multiple MAF only and SD only tune sessions to get VVE in line before the change to custom OS, now with just normal blended MAF/VE it seems to have translated over nicely. An hour or so doing some interpolating and calculator work getting things as close as possible seems to have helped keep things close, I'm happy. Some shots of where I was working for the guys like me who were like wuhuh how do I do this, I gotta do what exactly?
    Thanks

some images attached of copy paste from the original VVE manifold open table into excel, transposing. New fan settings, interpolated VE table in the custom OS, rescaled MAF hi table, retaining OEM MAP limits.

excel.JPGfans.JPGMAF HI, oem MAP.JPGVEnew.JPGVVEold.JPG

I'm about to go down this rode for exactly the same reason-PWM fans below 192. I haven't played with HP Tuners in quite some time and am sure I've forgotten how to do a few things.

I am only interested in the lower temp fan table as well. I know that is available in 2 (or 2.5-not exactly sure), but don't have a need to for any additional VE tables/boost stuff. Is it possible to still run the 1 bar MAP with the updated fan table and copy every other value throughout my current tune?

One other thing: I need to keep the MAF, but the other OS says Speed Density only. Is this the only option when going this way?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by cpd004; 09-28-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot Speed Density question