Thread: hard starting issue

hard starting issue

i have a 427" LS3 with a GT9 cam.
    just getting it running and i'm running into an issue during start up.
    I have posted the log and tune any suggestion would be great, please keep in mind im new at tuning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    what map sensor are you running? koeo should read around 100kpa give or take and yours reads 43kpa. verify the map linear and offset numbers are correct. you might also want to bump up your idle a little more than 750
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-03-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Thank you for catching that! I updated the map sensor offset I'm running a GM 3 bar map.
    That helped greatly..it's still not great, would adding to the startup airflow table help?

Advanced Tuner
    What's it still doing? Do you need to feather the gas pedal to get it started? If so then yes you'll probably need some more idle airflow or less fuel so to speak. if its a start up issue add 10-15% more in the start up idle airflow table in the temps giving you the problems. you can also do this by lowering the cranking fuel as well in those same temp ranges. i needed to do that to my car since thats because i dont have access to the idle airflow chart tables so i needed a work around but since you do just use the start up airflow table. if its like a stalling idle coming to a stop along those lines then youd probably need to bump the actual BRAF numbers in those rpms
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-03-2019 at 08:58 PM.

The engine seems to idle ok, the current issue is when I come to a stop the engine dies. The cam is a GT9 it's very mild what do you suggest I set the idle to?

Advanced Tuner
    probably 850 just to make it a little more stable but also having your idle spark like it is i dont know if that may cause a issue with a timing swing i normally just set it to one number like 22 degrees from 0-1400 rpm down to .60 cyl air so it just stays one number and bump up the lower rpm BRAF numbers