Thread: Wide band MAF tuning feedback

Tuner in Training

Wide band MAF tuning feedback

**EDIT: New log posted below.

Hey all,

I just made my first attempt at calibrating my MAF with my AEM wide band. It seems way less complicated then using fuel trims.

Anyway, I was hoping the experienced folks could give me some feedback on my log and tune that I was using to try this method out? I also noticed that the STFT's were still registering but not sure if they are being used in the calculations.

Note - I did some prior calibration already using fuel trims and I wanted to see how far off from the WB they were.

Thank you for any feedback or suggestions to improve!
    Last edited by Chris671; 03-18-2019 at 08:38 AM.

In the scanner you would want to reset the fuel trims and disable the fuel trim learn I believe, then that would stop the LTFT and STFT from doing anything. Gathering data with any trims will throw off the wideband error.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Set the LTFT learn to a high engine temp like 256 and your STFT O2 readiness to 1 MV to prevent the fuel trims from interfering with the wide band

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    In the scanner you would want to reset the fuel trims and disable the fuel trim learn I believe, then that would stop the LTFT and STFT from doing anything. Gathering data with any trims will throw off the wideband error.
    I knew I forgot something. I need to remember to reset LTFT everytime. Ok, so if I disable the fuel trim learn in the scanner, does that mean I can ignore setting it in the editor?

Quote Originally Posted by RySmDPT14 View Post
    Set the LTFT learn to a high engine temp like 256 and your STFT O2 readiness to 1 MV to prevent the fuel trims from interfering with the wide band
    I will do that and try again.

Thanks for the input fellas!!

Advanced Tuner
    Whatever you change in the editor has to be programmed/flashed to the ECM and/or TCM for the changes to operate. I'm making this statement based on your scanner vs. editor comment above. Once you log and modify your MAF, log again, and are happy with the results, you can then reflash those changes into your tune again and turn off the settings made to log your MAF in the first place.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    Whatever you change in the editor has to be programmed/flashed to the ECM and/or TCM for the changes to operate. I'm making this statement based on your scanner vs. editor comment above. Once you log and modify your MAF, log again, and are happy with the results, you can then reflash those changes into your tune again and turn off the settings made to log your MAF in the first place.
    Thanks for the feedback DGS. I do it that way already, just so I have the improved (hopefully) MAF calibration loaded and running while trying to improve on it again and so forth.

What I didn't realize was that I had to disable CL in the scanner before logging, because even when I set the CL delay to the most time and set the O2 voltage to less than zero, it still has the STFT trying to make corrections.

Tuner in Training
    Here's the log file for the first MAF calibration using my wideband.

Can you guys tell me if I'm logging the correct PID's? Also, if my commanded AFR is 14.11, should my WB be reading close to that during operation?

Thank you for your input!
    Attached Files Attached Files