Thread: Stand Alone Cummins - Air Dog Fuel Pump

Potential Tuner

Stand Alone Cummins - Air Dog Fuel Pump

So i was finally able to get the base setup loaded in the computer and now I have no power to the fuel pump. I've looked for anything that I can find that would allow me to just turn the fuel pump on but I don't see anything that easy.

I'm not running the standard lift pump its a Air Dog. Before the HP tune it ran just fine and sent power to the pump and that was with a Smarty tune that was only used to change the transmission to manual.

Help???

Banned
    You?ve checked fuses and all that? No reason just flashing a tune will cause the lift pump to not run.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    You?ve checked fuses and all that? No reason just flashing a tune will cause the lift pump to not run.
    Yes all fuses are fine and the pumps fine. Its not getting voltage from teh computer to the relay. I agree that flashing it shouldn't cause this but its not the lift pump on the engine and didn't know if there was something strange that got changed.

matt

Banned
    Flash back to stock and see if the problem still exists?

I agree flash back to stock and/or put the smarty back on and see if that will make it come back on.

Potential Tuner
    The tune I have in the system now is the base tune no changes to what was generated other than to make sure it?s set to manual transmission

Just pushed back down the smarty tune and the truck fires right up

Banned
    What I meant by stock tune is just that, remove the hp tune file from the ecm going back to factory/stock flash, no tunes applied. If it works fine there and works fine with smarty than it?s an issue with flashing the hp tuners generated file it gave or perhaps didn?t write properly.

There are lift pump settings in the HPTuners tunes. Take a look at that.

Banned
    Yea there?s a few run time timers there in the Fuel Sys category