Thread: Tuning VVE with wideband help

Tuner in Training

Tuning VVE with wideband help

Hi all,

Can I get verification that I'm headed in the right direction with regards to tuning my virtual VE table with my aem wideband?

I couldn't get anything to log when doing the AFR Err method, but I realized that EQ Err was what I should of been looking for. Anyways, here are the tune and log files if you could give it a look-see and let me know if there are any changes that I need to make before heading off into the abyss.

I didn't attempt to go for a drive or anything, just sitting in the driveway making sure a log was being generated before I dive into vve calibration.

Thank you in advance!!

Advanced Tuner
    Did you remove one of the front O2s? B1S1?, i would recommend to keep it and put another boss for the WB, i like to do idle, light load part throttle with o2s trims, and WB for mid/high loads, WOT.
    Before you start to log, turn off/reset STFT,LTFT with special functions. i always do it just in case.
    Last edited by castorjames; 03-06-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I did remove the factory O2 for this. I’ve done the MAF & VVE with the LTFT & STFT math already. I was wanting to see how far off or how much better i could do with the WB.

I disable long and short term fuel trims via the tune and also reset and disable the learning in the scanner before i log.

Am I on the right track?

I did a log this morning and my vve is looking much smoother.

Advanced Tuner
    yes you are.post new log file.

Tuner in Training
    It won't let me upload for some reason..?

Tuner in Training
    Tried to upload again but, it's a no-go. They must be having problems with the site..?

Edit** Figured it out. My log file exceeds the upload limit. Lol!! It's 11Mb.
    Last edited by Chris671; 03-06-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can save a section of the log instead of the whole thing. Without hp in front of me, you zoom in on a section and save that only.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    You can save a section of the log instead of the whole thing. Without hp in front of me, you zoom in on a section and save that only.
    Could you elaborate on the "zoom in on a section" part? I'm not that technically advanced yet. Lol!

Advanced Tuner
    Use the + and - magnifying glass icons to get your desired segment of the log in the "window" at the bottom of the page. Zoom in on the relevant size and then you can drag the "window" to cover the area in question. See picture.

scanner zoom.PNG

Then go to top left dropdown and select "Log File", then "Export Log File". This will open another window where you can select Output Format of either "HP Tuners" (select this) or "Comma Separated Text". Below that you can select Data Range of either "Entire Log" or "Visible Range"(select this). Sorry my surface pro doesn't seem to have a "print screen" function where I could capture these steps in picture format.

Update to add this pic for the above step.

scanner export.PNG
    Last edited by NotSure; 03-15-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: add pic

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that NotSure! I’ll give it a go and post what I get.