Thread: "Unable to Open Tune File Unsupported or newer version"

Tuner in Training

"Unable to Open Tune File Unsupported or newer version"

submitted ticket no response yet. #165048

tuned an 06 colorado i5. using latest beta version. went to open the file 10 minutes later and "Unable to Open Tune File Unsupported or newer version", pops up. downloaded beta again and still occurs. any other tune i can open just fine but only files from this truck. anyone come across this? HELP ASAP.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I responded to your ticket, the file opens fine for me using the newest beta software, I suggest opening the file using the newest beta.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I've had this same issue and had better luck with opening editor and then choosing file>open and selecting the file than just clicking on a file and expecting it to open in editor.

If you have more than one version of editor, it might be trying to open it with the wrong version.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I've had this same issue and had better luck with opening editor and then choosing file>open and selecting the file than just clicking on a file and expecting it to open in editor.

If you have more than one version of editor, it might be trying to open it with the wrong version.
    thats exactly what im doing. any other file will open. except the stock read and new tune i created for the Colorado

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hines View Post
    thats exactly what im doing. any other file will open. except the stock read and new tune i created for the Colorado
    That would suggest to me you are not opening the file with the beta software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    That would suggest to me you are not opening the file with the beta software.
    You are correct. I didn?t know any thing else but beta would open. Saw I could select between beta and normal. Thanks for the help.