Thread: Challenger Hellcat M6 - torque management

Tuner in Training

Challenger Hellcat M6 - torque management

Hey everyone, does disabling the manual transmission in the trans tab disable trans related torque limiters? Any issues with doing this? Benefits?

Tuner in Training
    Would really appreciate the input

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think that does anything.

All of the torque management is on the engine side for a M6 AFAIK. The trans is "dumb".

I know when trans is disabled, every time you depress the clutch the RPMs jump up which is annoying.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by orrwhat View Post
    I know when trans is disabled, every time you depress the clutch the RPMs jump up which is annoying.
    Have you ever tried to log what is commanding the jump in throttle? I thought the clutch switch was not an input read by the PCM?

Tuner in Training
    it makes a huge difference. diabled, idle hangs / flares on roll to a stop. Also, fans run all the time on high and override your settings. I just wanted to see if there was any negative impact to turning it on. Also, expected tq is usually around 44 at idle with manual trans disabled. Enabled, expected tq is 0. How would this impact idle?

Tuner in Training
    yep.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Have you ever tried to log what is commanding the jump in throttle? I thought the clutch switch was not an input read by the PCM?
    yep, they do.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztuned View Post
    yep, they do.
    Thanks, just checked the PCM connections and sure enough...there is a clutch switch input.
    clutch.JPG

Tuner in Training
    anyone everfind out if enabling or disabling it impacts a tune any besides driveability/ idle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ztuned View Post
    anyone everfind out if enabling or disabling it impacts a tune any besides driveability/ idle ?
    Can you post a stock tune for this car?

Tuner in Training
    Bump. I just want to know if it somehow overrides the throttle torque request source

Tuner in Training
    Must be some "super secret" that no one wants to share.... because i do see driver demand tq & expected / actual differences with the trans enabled and disabled...

Tuner in Training
    Torque management limits tge torques for each gear. Raising them above your expected torques level is better then disabling fro. What I have read and understand. They say without it shifting gets sloppy. My torque management had different torques levels for different areas so i raised the max torque area by 100 lb ft and raised the lower torques for prime gears anywhere from 50 -75. Granted im driving a ram and still cant find info on my trans. I would raise the limits and see how it feels. Disable amd see how it feels and go from there.

Tuner in Training
    i'm thinking it's either the only way, or the easiest way to turn off engine side TCM

Tuner
    any update on how this testing went?
    My ride.. 2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch RIPx2 now Ram Clutches!, Full Adjustable BMR suspension, Solid mounted Cradle and Diff, DSS 1PC DS, Level 5 Axles, Belanger Headers, AFR500V2, Lowered, 180 Tstat, RonDavis Rad, Staggered tires.

looks like its limited per gear( Capture.JPG