Thread: Red brickable warning

Tuner in Training

Red brickable warning

I have a 2012 sierra have been experimenting with changing small things in my tune, have had alot of help from one guy with a great tune. I just noticed the red BRICKABLE warning (under FSCM) when I go to write it in my truck. I have noticed it before but dont know if it has always been there but have wrote at least 3-4 tunes since I first noticed it. I dont wanna brick anything so has anyone experianced this or have I done something wrong? Thanks
    I'm sure I can figure it out.... eventually

Advanced Tuner
    Mine is the same. You can uncheck the box to write fscm if you havent made changes to that portion of the tune.

If you're not changing anything in the FPCM, then re-read the file without reading the FPCM. Then you will no longer see the message.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Dumb question.
    How do I know for sure which changes fall under the FSCM? I opened up my stock tune and clicked like I was gonna write it (the warning) still came up to idk what is up.

If you read just the ECM or ECM and TCM and save that file...then re-read all available modules including FSCM and save that file, you will then see the changes specific to your tune regarding FSCM. Most times people leave the FSCM alone unless they have a specific need. It also costs an additional credit to license. If you just read the other modules ( and leave FSCM as not read) then you should not see the warning. If your original file was reading all available modules, you will continue to see the message. However, that message is for FSCM changes. Hope I said that clear enough.

Tuner in Training
    well thinking back a couple months that makes sense. my very first tune just turning off DOD it wouldnt let me write my new tune with out buying another credit (which i did ) dammit . i assume because i didnt uncheck the box so i guess thats why i it wouldnt let me. Im sure you explained it clear enough for most everyone else but im not quite sure what you mean by reading ecm tcm save and then you will see the changes.