Thread: 2016 malibu

2016 malibu

have any of you guys messed with a 2016 malibu 2.0T? its not listed under the vehicle supported list but for some reason it let me license it and make some changes.
    attached is the stock file. there is no tranny support though so I couldn't throw it on the dyno. Neat thing is they come with stock widebands so I'm doing a street tune right now. they're fun little cars. I'm currently boosting 19 psi and drops to 17 uptop.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 mustang gt

Potential Tuner
    Can you turn off the auto stop start feature? Looking for a solution to GM turning off engine when you come to a stop and auto starting when you let off brake and give it gas.

Advanced Tuner
    I havent messed with that ecm to much but you can find info about it on this forum it's the same promise because its torque based so dont go crazy with the torque management numbers

For auto stop disable there isnt a master enable/disable switch for it but I found a work around besides pulling fuses and turning codes off. If you put the shifter in L and just hit the manual gear selector and go up to max gear which is 6 because it's a 6 speed it will not engage autostop

I haven't found anything for the auto stop start feature. and yes the damn car fuel system wont go into PE but since it has widebands it does command the richer lambda which so far is working. I'm commanding 80 lambda. I'm new to the 4 cyl so I'm playing it safe. I used some information from the forum as to tuning the Cruze to go about this car. so far its picked up some boost. but I forgot to log aircharge temp. im stopping it at around 18 psi uptop which is around where im at. next thing would be messing with the vvt
    2017 mustang gt

the other thing that is tripping me out is the VVE tables they are all over the place. might just run it straight maf. 16 malibu sd.PNG
    2017 mustang gt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    its coefficient based. each zone has a pile of coefficients that make it run like its supposed to on the other end. the VVE just gives you something 3d to adjust instead of the 40 other coefficient tables that you would be left with if it wasnt for the vve tool.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Weird that E80 in the 2016 Buick Envision with 6-speed is supported but E80 in Malibu(9-speed) and Encore 1.4t(6-speed with M in the VIN - SIDI) has no tranny support?

yeah I know so I couldn't dyno tune it. it kept down shifting so im doing a street tune right now. I'm just stumped on the DD tables. I don't understand those values as to why they're so high. ive increased a total of 20-30 percent in the 100%row to see if it stops lowering my boost desired. uptop im getting around 210kpa but downlow I do see the 230kpa which is around 20 lbs. im going to stop once I get to 18 psi up top and send it. kr is mostly out. im going to log and post the file after this drive.
    2017 mustang gt

so I got 22lbs downlow but it still keeps dropping to 16 at higher rpms. I belive the DD is vss based so at higher speeds the commanded tq is less. wish it was rpm based to be able to go over more accurately. but this thing is pretty fun to drive for how big it is and being completely stock. the files are attached. I will remove the kr that showed up and move forward.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 mustang gt

Advanced Tuner
    Nowhere in that log you posted when you are at WOT does delivered engine torque exceed predicted torque, meaning that the DD tables aren't limiting you currently anyways that I can tell BUT I can't see exactly 100% for sure what's holding you back with the PIDs that you are using, their are some other PIDs to log that can be very useful and help to tell more of the story. As far as the DD tables go just don't want to see you fall victim to what many like to do by setting the driver demand tables to ridiculously high unreal numbers. Lol. Tried to educate some in another thread recently but people don't like to listen, oh well.

Your tune looks like it's commanding down to 16 psi but actual and desired boost stay in line, which is good. You could try and raise DD numbers in the higher speeds as a test and see what happens...….. Again their are some more PIDs to have in your channel configuration that can be a big help.
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-08-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Yeah I lowered dd and got an extra lb of boost maxing out at 21.6 lbs and tapered down to 18 mat temps were climbing so I left it at that. I leaned it out to 83 lambda and the kr went away. Overall the car felt great so we delivered it. As of the PIDs I couldn't figure out what else I should log. I felt theres a few missing in that strategy being that the actual car wasn't even on the supported vehicle list. I couldn't log any wastegate pids or any of that sort. So I made due with what I had. I appreciate all the feedback.
    2017 mustang gt