Thread: Injector size

Tuner in Training

Injector size

Newbie here and maybe I have not looked enough but, how does the scanner come up with the injector size? Thanks Norm

What kind of truck and computer you are using?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I am asking this question in general. It has to get it from the PCM, but I have seen no place to enter injector size in the PCM that I have looked at. The only place that I seen injector info is in engine fuel, injector control, flow rate. Now I see in that area you can enter injector sizes, but in some PCM the injector size is the same thru out the hole scale and others it changes as it goes up in RPM and this is user or tuner enter. I am just looking for a area to change info when you change injectors size. Thanks Norm

Tuner in Training
    I am sorry I did answer your question. Mostly 99 to 07 Chevy and GMC truck with 0411 PCM. Thanks Norm

The injector flow rate is where you enter the new injector size. They flow 33lb/hr at 58psi for example or whatever they may be. You also have to change the offset vs volts, min injector pulse, short pulse adder. Good aftermarket injectors come with all the data to enter and where. Switching stock for stock injectors would be copy and paste from two different tune files if there were from the same generation computers like the P01/P59.

How the flow rate table is setup depending on the fuel system it is running. Like return or return less and if it has a vacuum referenced regulator.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I now see it is just not as simple as saying all 36LBS are the same, which I now see they are not. I see, I am going to have to put a lot more time end on this subject to get my head wrap around it. Thanks again Norm