Thread: Emissions tsting

Emissions tsting

Getting ready to have it in for the yearly test but I have a question/problem. From what I know I have to have at least 4 items complete to pass the test here in Texas. Right now I only have 3. One of them that is not complete is the fuel system. Has anybody had any exp with this. I have no codes present but I'm wondering if it has something to do with certain things being off or otherwise in the tune. From what I know for sure DFCO is off, COT is off since I have none and both my rear O2's are disabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but, have you gone through the drive cycles a few times? I had to clear all monitors except one 1 on my C7 and it took a few drive cycles...

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

Pj
    Last edited by pjs; 03-07-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Not dumb at all, I figured after 150 miles and about 4 cycles I would have been ready. I might have just not hit a certain point or scenario yet...
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    Yeah, was a major pain and I started to think it was the tune but eventually cleared. Took me a few days. Anyway, good luck.

Good rule of thumb for the the fuel system tests to run is to make sure the fuel level is above 1/4 and below 3/4. Also. 45MPH is a trigger point. Be above that with minimal throttle input for at least 5 miles. Try to do this and then let it sit over night (at least 8hrs) and then do it again. I've been able to get almost all readiness tests to run and pass doing this pretty regularly.

Tuner in Training
    I thought you might be able to get by with a fuel system NOT READY (you're allowed one NOT READY) but it looks like FUEL should be a continuous READY. Found this on DPS site:

In order to get the monitors set back to Ready, the vehicle must be driven through a drive cycle, which is a combination of city/highway driving for a set period of time. This drive cycle relearns the OBDII system and rechecks all of the emissions component's individual systems. As each system completes its own self test, the monitor will set back to Ready.
    Effective October 15, 2008:
    For vehicles year model 2001 and newer, we allow one (1) non-continuous monitor to be Not Ready and still pass the test, but two (2) or more Not Ready's will cause the vehicle to fail.

For vehicles year model 1996 – 2000, we allow two (2) non-continuous monitors to be Not Ready and still pass the test, but three (3) or more Not Ready's will cause the vehicle to fail.
    There are three (3) continuous monitors that are always Ready: Misfire, Fuel System, and Comprehensive Components. If you look at your Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR), you will see the emissions monitors listed and their Ready/Not Ready status. If any of the non-continuous monitors say N/A (Not Available) or N/S (Not Supported), then there is no monitor for that system.

This information is illustrated in a "Ready or Not" poster displayed in all of the emissions testing stations as well as the Recognized Emissions Repair Facilities (RERF's).

Some of the tests have been tuned out and I think one of my BARO codes were holding me out 2227/2229 but I have those taken care of now. I was also below 1/4 tank.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Fuel level is for EVAP not fuel control. Fuel control is a continuous monitor. What year, make and model?

2016 C7

I get it's for evap, I was below 1/4 tank, so I filled it and watched my trims spike as they are supposed to and then settle. I've since only drove it short distances and need to get on the highway. Per my last post, I got those 2 codes sorted out and the engine light cleared and so did the codes, so I hoping it just a matter of time/distance now. When I get home today, I will post a screen shot of my readiness. If anything looks out of the ordinary I'd appreciate it if someone let me know.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    I'm having a similar issue with my
    2016 Camaro M6 with MSD,Cam,LT,Cats,Flex,Roto Fab trying to pass OBD2 can't get all monitors into readiness state. Tuner is scratching his head also. Anyone have any ideas on what to do in HP tuners. Car is failing EGR flow,Fuel system performance,O2 sensors. Been doing drive cyclessonfar no success. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Catalyst p0420
    Evap p0442,p0446,p0451-p0454,p0455,p0496
    Oxygen sensor p0133,p0134,p013a,p013b,p013e,p013f p0140,p1133,p2270,p2271
    Oxygen sensor heater p0030,p0036,p0053,p0054,p0135,p0141
    Egr p0011 or p0014 i put all these to no error reported ses enable

Quote Originally Posted by hsullivancity View Post
    Catalyst p0420
    Evap p0442,p0446,p0451-p0454,p0455,p0496
    Oxygen sensor p0133,p0134,p013a,p013b,p013e,p013f p0140,p1133,p2270,p2271
    Oxygen sensor heater p0030,p0036,p0053,p0054,p0135,p0141
    Egr p0011 or p0014 i put all these to no error reported ses enable

SES enable as in checked and do i need to totally disable the EVAP??

All my front sensors are working as they should and I have disabled my rears.

No offense intended at all but I have never seen an EVAP totally or almost totally masked off.
    Last edited by Ghostnotes; 03-17-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

P0011 and p0014 are camshaft positions

Mine are in the p400's and not enabled from the factory..since there is no EGR.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Diamond pistons
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7