Thread: Flex Fuel and the e67 ECM on an LE5

Tuner in Training

Flex Fuel and the e67 ECM on an LE5

I just ran across the fact that the e67 ECM can run a flex fuel sensor and calculate fueling and timing based on that sensor's input. I would love to use that feature in my 2007 Sky with the LE5 but I'm not seeing much info on this specific application. I know I have to get the sensor and wire it into the ECU harness and I've seen the screen shots of some of the settings that need to be changed in HPT but I have yet to see anyone successfully do this on the Ecotec.

Now I know that different platforms have different OSs and that the OSs are not compatible across platforms. Is there an OS for the ecotec platforms that lets you use this OEM flex fuel feature?

Advanced Tuner
    From what I've seen, the E67 pin seems to be standardized across multiple platforms (I've only looked at V8 applications).

Take a look under these areas within the tune to see if you have Flex Fuel stuff in your OS:
    Engine -> Fuel -> Flex Fuel
    Fuel Sys -> Diagnostics -> Flex Fuel

These will let you enable FF, but you need to look at the other Fuel and Spark tables as FF modifies multiple other tables as well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    I have a hunch it would work the same as adding FF to a TBSS but I havent tried it for myself yet.

Interested in this, I plan to swap in a 2.4 ecotec into my old Miata and this would be very helpful info to create a flex fuel tune for it. Anyone tried adding the flex fuel sensor into an e37 ecm? Some HHRs come flex fuel and run those ecms I think

Tuner in Training
    Yes the E37 does have a flex full input on the hhr. Steve

Tuner in Training
    I've talked to someone very knowledgeable on this ECM and after looking at my OS/Tune in HPT he's determined it is doable. Now to wire in the sensor. Will keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Senior Tuner
    Well?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere