Thread: 2015 Camaro ss l99

Tuner in Training

2015 Camaro ss l99

AFR fluctuates to really to lean during idle and when coming to a stop. Also surges when I put the car into gear. Anny advice?
    ps I'm new to trying to tune any help would be appreciated.

More details are need to get you further help.

You didn't say what was done to this vehicle nor provide a log or tune file to view.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Texas speed vvt 1.2 cam, BBk long tube headers, cai, dod delete, and muffler delete. I will try and get a log this weekend and upload it.
    Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Just a little log on my way home from the store
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's your channel layout.

A log will be hpl and the file will be hpt.

Get both of them up.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor?

Have you re-calibrated the MAF and VVE for the changes?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The car is running maf only right now. My friend has been tuning it. Its safe just not 100 percent right. yes I have a wide band. I'm completely new to this just trying to learn as I go. I uploaded the log I took not sure why its like that on here, it opens up on the scanner.

Tuner in Training
    I uploaded the one a took and saved to my desk top at first. I just added the correct one sorry about that. I don't have my wideband set up yet on HPT.

Only going by what I can tell from the log, it's still lean. The short term fuel trims are adding in anywhere from 10-25%+ worth of fuel to get it close to correct. That will really effect how it drives.

Also add your injector pulse width avg, knock retard and cylinder airmass to your logs. Knock is something you for sure want to watch. Even more so because you are commanding 13.4 afr under WOT, which is really lean and your timing is way up around 27-30 degrees. I'd say most will run mid 12's with mid 20's for timing to keep it safe.

Tuner in Training
    15 L99 is not a Direct Injection genV

Tuner in Training
    I have attached more log files. Please assist on improvements that will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My previous reply still kinda stands. It's still a tad lean based on fuel trims at part throttle. The wideband is not in the logs so I can't see how it's really doing.

Commanded AFR wide open throttle is far too lean if you ask me, why risk it for minimal gain. Mid to upper 12's is more than safe for fueling instead of 13.4. But again I can't see the wideband to see if the commanded is matching the actual values.

Timing at WOT is so so, without a dyno it's tough to say where it stops making power. It may be worse at 30-32 degrees than it is at 27-29 degrees. Or the gain from 28 to 31 is only like 5-10hp, again that would be a point where the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Tuner in Training
    On my gauge afr is around 12.7 the goes to 13.0 in higher rpm's in wot. It's around 14.5 at idle. I have to take out timing for 100 shot in the near future. I will get a log this weekend with the afr showing. I will turn the timing down to 27 for now but when tuning with nitrous were going to take it to 20 then go up/down from there. Thank you for your help.

That's a huge percentage difference between your commanded and actual though, you really need to fix that too.

If it commands 13.4 but you are seeing 12.7, that's a pretty big problem. It's showing you how rich you have the MAF curve. If the commanded AFR was dropped to that 12.7 it would likely make your actual AFR drop down to around 12.0 if you do the simple math there. Get it so that the commanded matches the actual. Just based on that it probably means it needs several percent worth of fuel removed from the MAF curve in the required area's to make it more even.

Tuner in Training
    How much better do you think we can get it to run if we fix all these issues?

Tuner in Training
    I plan on taking it to get a dyno tune soon. At least before next race season.

Tuner in Training
    I also turned the intake tube around to mount the nitrous nozzle on the tube after the maf. The maf is in a different location location now more towards the filter. That may be causing some of it.