Thread: Changing LS3 C6 Corvette from MAF to Speed Density

Potential Tuner

Changing LS3 C6 Corvette from MAF to Speed Density

Changing a customer's 2008 C6 LS3 Corvette Auto to Speed Density after his "buddy" put a Twin Turbo kit on it. Looking for some pointers and quick "must-do's" to get this thing out of my shop. I changed the OS to speed density already, installed ZR1 MAP sensor and "wrote entire" per the HPT instructions - car just starts and dies. I'm relatively new to HP Tuners software so ANY & ALL help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

You still have to populate the new VE tables with data if you didn't.. So you'd take the stock VVE table, then flip the data around with excel because the axis's are different and paste it back in. You'll have to build the rest of the table for boost.

Then you also have to put in the correct MAP sensor linear and offset settings. Setup boost enrichment and power enrichment and all that other crap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You still have to populate the new VE tables with data if you didn't.. So you'd take the stock VVE table, then flip the data around with excel because the axis's are different and paste it back in. You'll have to build the rest of the table for boost.

Then you also have to put in the correct MAP sensor linear and offset settings. Setup boost enrichment and power enrichment and all that other crap.
    Right - MAP sensor linear edited to match ZR1 MAP Sensor, Boost Enrichment tables modified now. New to HP, how do I do the VE & VVE - where is that in the software??

Potential Tuner
    Changed the VVE table to read to 312.50 kpa as well. Just not sure how to build the VE tables now.....

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^ open the old file (pre OS) and under edit you will see VVE

copy and past into new OS make sure the axis follow as mentioned in excel and flip to match
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161