Thread: New tuner, updating 2004 4.8 with gen4 parts and cam

Potential Tuner

New tuner, updating 2004 4.8 with gen4 parts and cam

Hi everyone, I'm new to tuning and trying to figure out what I need to do for my truck tune. I've got a 4.8 that is getting 799 heads (milled .030 to keep original compression 9.5:1), tbss/nb intake, injectors and 87mm tb and a cam motion 4.8 stage 1 high lift truck cam (198/202 duration, .527/.527 lift, 114 lsa and 112 centerline).

If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to put in new values for the injectors as well as the bigger tb, then work on the fuel and timing? I don't want to go crazy with it. I just wanted to a strong, dependable truck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, change the injector data, throttle body size and correct the airflow model for the changes made. Likely changes to idle airflow and other things will need addressing, take it step by step.

A wideband o2 sensor is a must here as the factory o2 sensor will not give you as accurate data for fueling because they are narrowband sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention I have a wideband installed. Would it be better to try and copy stock info from a gen4 tune? I know a lot of the tables look different with the newer pcm.