Thread: Commanded AFR reading wrong on the new truck

Advanced Tuner

Commanded AFR reading wrong on the new truck

I had the commanded AFR set up on my 2008 denali and it worked fine. Well it was totaled and now I have a 2014 6.2 sierra.

The commanded AFR reads 10.65 and when you get into PE it goes down to 8 something. I haven't touch the engine tuning really yet. I just added a E85 sensor and enabled it in the tune. And set the PE to be commanded sooner.

How do I make it read commanded AFR correctly for this truck. 2-26-19.hpl

What did it read prior to adding flex fuel sensor and enabling it?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

are you running 93 E10 or are you running E60? Do you have any ethanol in the tank?

8 something at WOT could be correct depending on what you are commanding for PE.

The AFR will follow your stoich table for how much alcohol content. The log shows 71%, so if your stoich table shows around 10.5 afr at 70ish percent alcohol, then it's correct.

This is where using lambda is easier.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    That makes perfect sense. On this truck I never did a log before E85. I used HP tuner to adjust the tires size and put it away. Then when I figured out how to add a E85 sensor for 50 bucks i got my Hp tuner back out. I enabled E85 and added 5 gallons of E85 to see if the alcohol content went up. When it did I filled it all the way and never looked at the Commanded AFR. Now that I have been working on the trans tune. I started paying attention to more things.

I?m getting ready to add headers and a wideband. So I was worried about getting it right before I did that. Now I see why I need to convert it over to lambda. This will be my first time trying to tune with a wideband.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    That makes perfect sense. On this truck I never did a log before E85. I used HP tuner to adjust the tires size and put it away. Then when I figured out how to add a E85 sensor for 50 bucks i got my Hp tuner back out. I enabled E85 and added 5 gallons of E85 to see if the alcohol content went up. When it did I filled it all the way and never looked at the Commanded AFR. Now that I have been working on the trans tune. I started paying attention to more things.

I?m getting ready to add headers and a wideband. So I was worried about getting it right before I did that. Now I see why I need to convert it over to lambda. This will be my first time trying to tune with a wideband.
    i know about adding the sensor and all, but what all needs to be changed in the file to make e85 work?

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the video I flowed to enable E85. I also used this same guys idea for adding the E85 sensor on the cheap. It's crazy to pay 350 buck for the sensor when I bought the sensor off Amazon for $35.00 and $15.00 in Russuell fittings. It was a no brainier for me to do it.

https://youtu.be/O_WeWK06zWM

Advanced Tuner
    This is the video on adding the sensor

https://youtu.be/ezb58gNGJRk