Thread: Need help! The engine dies when coming to a stop...

Need tune help!

I have a 2014 Camaro M6
    it has a stroked LS3 427"
    GT9 cam
    On E85
    I have the car idling fine (not perfect but ok) the current issue i have is when I take it for a drive and come to a stop when I press the clutch in and stop the engine dies. It does not try to stay running just dies. I tried adding to the Min airflow, and also set the idle spark to 24* I'm missing something. Any help would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scv_guy; 03-14-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Is fueling okay?

Like have you re-done the MAF and VVE for the engine change?

Fueling is half the battle, if that is way off good luck with any idle corrections. I'd highly suggest you wire in a real alcohol sensor to this vehicle unless you are running E85 from a barrel because content amount is never the same anytime you fill up at a station.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is fueling okay?

Like have you re-done the MAF and VVE for the engine change?

Fueling is half the battle, if that is way off good luck with any idle corrections. I'd highly suggest you wire in a real alcohol sensor to this vehicle unless you are running E85 from a barrel because content amount is never the same anytime you fill up at a station.
    The tune is MAF only, the trims are currently -4ish so not bad. There has to be something I'm missing.
    I have a flex sensor just trying to get the basic tune close before adding another variable.

Still in need of help!
    Would the Throttle follower have anything to do with it?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    need idle log to help, i will check out the file later on
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I'll log it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    need idle log to help, i will check out the file later on
    I have attached two logs. One of cold start (not sure why the RPMs bounce for the first one of so then settle down)
    second is the stalling when coming to a stop

Potential Tuner
    I'm not a professional by any means, but the changes I made on mine worked pretty well. Check out the differences on my idle settings and yours. I did mine like a year ago so I can't remember all of the changes (I know there's a ton) but I basically just watched a bunch of youtube videos and changed a little at a time. One thing I remember is on the integral airflow error I had to ease up the integral airflow (by .5) and zero out around 0. Also what I believe will help you is your idle overspeed/underspeed tables. It looks like in your log you are getting crazy low timing as you are engine braking, then when you press the clutch there is no power to catch the rpms before they drop too low. By lowering the corrections approaching 0 you will allow for timing to be ramped back in approaching idle. Basically you need to relax all the corrections especially as they approach zero. I would love for 5FDP to chime in on this and maybe check out my adjustments as well. For reference mine is a stock bottom end LY6 with a comp LSR cam (239/255 @ .050 114LSA) and I had a hell of a time getting it straight. Mine is also mated to a TH350 so it might have been a little easier..

Quote Originally Posted by scv_guy View Post
    I have attached two logs. One of cold start (not sure why the RPMs bounce for the first one of so then settle down)
    second is the stalling when coming to a stop
    Check out Dan Maslic's idle tuning on Youtube, it helped me.
    2012 ZL1 automatic, CAI intake,

Made some changes, still having the same problem.
    I trying to learn as I go but it's getting frustrating!
    Here is the latest tune and log...Any help would be great

Help!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check your messages
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    What was the issue ?

Potential Tuner
    Try raising your minimum setpoint - minimum idle speed vs VSS from 0-15.5kmh. Take it to 800 and see if it helps any.
    Last edited by donnie1581; 11-08-2020 at 04:31 PM.