Thread: Timing Retarding WOT

Tuner in Training

Timing Retarding WOT

Hello, anyone have any idea on what can be cauing timing retard during WOT on my 17' SS?

Modifications:
    - Long Tube Headers

-LT4 Fuel System

-F1A Procharger ~ 9ibs

-Meth Injection

ticket.hpl
    Attached is a file of 2 runs...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    load your tuned and stock file, more than likely your torque is off.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately I don't have my stock file... Here is my tuned.Tire Size.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    where do you see the timing retard? i only see the timing swing during shifting gears so its probably a torque management issue. during the pull its reading normal. you can try adjusting the min spark tables and see if that helps because i dont see any t/m settings under transmission
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-10-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your have major issues and timing is not what you should look at now

your rail pressure and fuel pump are dropping are not even close to what it needs to be.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Okay thank you! Is this being caused by tune or am I running out of fuel? A local performance shop tuned my car and im glad I got the tuner because there are quite a few things im looking at that im not liking.

Advanced Tuner
    you could be running out of fuel but you arent logging injector duty cycle or injector pulse so we dont know
    is the in tank fuel pump also a lt4? because if not it probably cant keep up
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-10-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Its supposed to be, kind of wondering if they didn't change it. They were supposed to do low fuel pump, high flow fuel pump, & injectors.

Tuner in Training
    If it helps, lambda jumps from .73 to .78 during WOT

Advanced Tuner
    i haven't dabbled too much into the gen 5 stuff beside the basic shit so im here to learn also
    have you tried messing around in the fpcm for desired fuel pressure. some things i noticed is normal fuel pressure is set to 46.4 psi which is where you pretty much are during the pull so im not sure if the pressure is dropping or not but i would think under wot load it would switch to a higher pressure but maybe not.
    do you have a wideband installed? if fueling was a issue youd start to go lean as fuel pressure drops off. is that the case? or is it pretty steady?
    adding injector duty cycle and injector pulse to your logs would be helpful in seeing how hard the injectors are actually working
    .73-.78? thats pretty rich wouldnt you say for direct injection? DI can usually get away with a leaner afr than port fuel can. or is that what it ends up being when your spraying methanol? and with out it its not as rich?
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Your tune is way off, especially when it comes to the fueling parameters for the LT4 fuel system. You'll also want to tune the FSCM for the LT4 fuel system. The car is so lean (any positive long term fuel trims) it's adding fuel during WOT. I run 8-9psi with LT4 fueling and no Meth.

You could pull a ZL1 tune from online and check it against yours. You'll see the differences when doing a compare.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]