Thread: Throttle blade position does not follow pedal position

Throttle blade position does not follow pedal position

Hey guys,
    im fighting an issue that i just cant shake, very often my throttle blade does not follow my pedal position, i can go WOT and the blade just crawls open. insanely frustrating, i attached a log trying to figure this out as well as the tune.

it looks like it could be trans torque management but im not seeing it in the tune where it would be.

when i was tuning the VVE table i had no issues with it, soon as i started running the maf alone and running the vve and maf together thats when im having this issue.

work in progress throttle issues.hpt
    throttle test.hpl

looking for advise and guidance, thanks in advance.

I'm not going to be of much help other than to say you should post up your tune file so people can look through it to see if there is something wrong.

Do you have any DTCs present? Are you sure the MAF is functioning properly? I dont see a PID for MAF HZ or anything other than MAF State to let you know it is doing its job.

Another weird thing is TCS Desired Torque is frozen at 868nm. I'm not a guru, but thats where i would start my searching to find out if thats normal, and if not, how to change it.
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

thanks for the reply, I actually did post my tune file.
    ya the maf is working properly, I had just removed a bunch of pids so I could log all the throttle and tq management pids to see if that would help find the issue.

I may have fixed the issue without knowing the exact problem tho..
    i just put all the managment settings back to stock but disabled tip in tq management and disabled abuse mode.
    so far it hasn't acted up on me since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie F View Post
    thanks for the reply, I actually did post my tune file.
    ya the maf is working properly, I had just removed a bunch of pids so I could log all the throttle and tq management pids to see if that would help find the issue.

I may have fixed the issue without knowing the exact problem tho..
    i just put all the managment settings back to stock but disabled tip in tq management and disabled abuse mode.
    so far it hasn't acted up on me since.
    Sorry about that. I must have clicked the same log file twice instead of looking at the tune file. It definitely looked like the torque management was acting up in at least one way. Glad you got it figured out
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

no worries, thanks for trying to help out

Well guys it seems my problem is still there, i attached the current tune with near stock tq management settings.

im not sure what im over looking, i dont have a current log of the throttle not opening with the pedal yet but will try to catch it in the act on a log to share. it generally does it from off idle or off of very part throttle, almost like it loses communication with the pedal or something.

current tune
    throttle issues otherwise good tune.hpt

stock tune to compare my current tune with
    Jamies 2007 GMC Stock Tune.hpt

Hey Guys caught it in the act on the way back to work,
    hopefully i logged enough info to try and figure this out.

ignore the wide band reading i didnt have it plugged in.

throttle issue caught.hpl

ok so i came across this thread:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ottle-problems

so i put all the abuse mode back to stock in my tune then flashed it back and tried it and it did not close the throttle anymore BUT now that abuse mode is back on its pulling a bunch of timing when i get on it:

throttle issues otherwise good tune abuse mode back to stock.hpt

throttle issue tune with abuse mode back to stock.hpl

so what i tried after seeing that was adding timing into the min allowed timing table in the area to at least reduce the amount of timing the abuse mode was pulling and made no difference:

throttle issues otherwise good tune abuse mode back to stock and min timing bumped up.hpt

throttle issue tune with abuse mode back to stock but added to min timing table.hpl

so if i need to leave my abuse mode stock, how can i make it stop pulling timing with abuse mode on?

no one has experience with this?