Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle hang in between shifts, engine hesitant to decel (L83 in RX-8)

Tuning Addict
    You're not taking variable cam timing into the equation which is why it turns out that way. You have to lock the cam at 0 and then tune in the VVE. With light mods you don't have to worry about the multipliers for the variable cam portion, but anything with a cam still utilizing variable cam timing has to have the multipliers tuned in as well. That requires locking in at different cam positions and getting the multipliers close to maintain the same fuel errors.

I would focus on the idle external load table after dialing in your VVE. That will control decel throttle more than anything.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    so I totally missed that step I guess. Basically saying set my cam position to a static value via the tables, get the fuel adjustments and then apply them to the vve table set to that cam position.

you mentioned "turns out that way", but what I was trying to say was that is what all the stock vve tables look like on the c7's i've been able to find.

Tuning Addict
    I see what your saying now. Download an auto file - completely different even though an auto shouldn't make much difference with VE. Just has to do with calibrator to calibrator.

Also on your manual file - as they see more cam angle with seeing higher rpms usually - change the cam angle - watch as the VE table smooths out. This is why everything has to be tuned in when you start throwing in wrenches like cams and so forth... I know yours is fairly stock, so would just leave it stock unless you really want to tune everything in...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Since i've shamelessly hijacked this thread at this point, incase anyone is following along in the future, here is smokeshow's write up that I believe steps thru the vve tuning with the vvt cam(s).

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ration-551391/

Tuning Addict
    That's the jist of it, but keep in mind the zones are different in most gen 5's. Simple enough to figure out the zones though - just change one of the multiplier or definition table cells and then look at the VVE table to see what changed in correspondence. It's also a lot easier just to lock the cam in position instead of making the million different equations in the scanner to log it especially since you still have to modify the multipliers to work with cam movement, which I don't believe was discussed in that thread.

~Greg Huggins~

Potential Tuner
    Any solid fixes to the rpm hanging between gears? We have an lt4 6 speed swap in a camaro we are having this problem. when shifting the rpm will hang and raise between gears unless i let off the gas ant wait a couple seconds before pressign the clutch. Im not looking for freebies. Needing to get this problem fixed and can pay for help.

Tuning Addict
    A lots changed since this thread, but there are some background tables that will help - you may even have one or can get hpt to add one which is the pedal progression table. This one will help you a lot. Then you can adjust the DD, external load and pedal progression together. The torque model if it's been changed will help close the throttle too. Just put it back to stock or make the lower row of the airmass tables 15ish higher.

You need to make sure you're running the LT4 OS if it's still a PD blower. If blow through you need to make sure it's not using the sciap anymore.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Just checking if people are using hall effect vss sensors, if not, it will be bad. My patch fix was to plug one in to the ECM wiring and even though I didn't connect it to the transmission to read... It ran way better between shifts. The take off still sucks until I can put something in that reads the transmission gear like the tick performance sensor. My t56 came with the 2 wire VR sensor and that didn't play well with the ecm