Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Fuel retune

Tuner in Training
    I have kooks long tube headers with spintech exhaust no open headers

Let us know how it turns out
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    I will waiting on some relays will finish the 93 this weekend and then e85 after I drop the gas tank again

Tuner in Training
    Sanity check. My car was originally tuned in Los Angeles where the atmosphere pressure is lower meaning there is less air. I moved to florida and increased my displacement. Here the atmospheric pressure is higher. Wouldn't that mean that the ve table that was originally for my lower displacemt would naturally run richer and possibly why I'm seeing 10 tob15% richer areas all over my ve table?

And on top of that my base fuel pressure was 60lbs I reset it to 58 with no vacuum on the regualtor.
    Last edited by Hulk408; 03-14-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Resetting your fuel pressure will affect your fuel readings. I'm not sure how much change your move to FL made. I have driven mine here in FL and in the mountains and it ran fine. I didn't have my wideband scanning though.

Tuner in Training
    So with out a wideband I couldn't tell the difference with it running either. Honestly the motor sounds and runs fine but looking at the data it's just rich right now.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i lived in Destin Fl and moved back home to San Celemente CA and didnt have an issue. Mechanical changes however will cause ve table values to shift as mentioned by Lakegoat.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Ok. So initial results are promising I just reduced the cruise area by 5% and I saw the changed reflected in my data. So thanks for all the tips and help. Time to get this ve table dialed in.

Tuner in Training
    So quick question for you guys. After a cold start (letting the car sit overnight) I noticed that my car is running really lean. The commanded EQ rations starts out at .85 and raises as the ECT goes up. My actual EQ ratio is always at 1.0 it will stay at that level till the car reaches operating temp and at this point the commanded is at 1.0. Are there any start enrichment adders that affect the actual VE table not the commanded eq ratio. The commanded is where I want it and is tracks perfectly as the engine warms up but the actual eq ratio just stays the same. I don't want to touch the VE table cause it idles perfectly once its warm. I also left the wideband heat up for about 20 secs before I start the car to ensure that it is hot. thanks.

.85 is not lean. It is rich. Did you change the min fuel milligrams? Under fuel--Boundary --change that to 6.50, go to Normal and change all those numbers to 520.

Tuner in Training
    No the commanded is .86 but the actual eq ratio stays at 1.0 so my error is 15% lean.

Advanced Tuner
    I also left the wideband heat up for about 20 secs before I start the car to ensure that it is hot. thanks.
    Please, do not do this. When you say hot, you mean HOT. As in over 1200degF on the CERAMIC sensor element. Hitting that HOT element with cold start-up exhaust gas is the #1 killer and degrader of wideband sensors. For the life of me, I do not know why ALL of the wideband Mfgs do not include a HUGE RED card in the boxes, warning of this.

If you are working on start-up measurements, be prepared to replace sensors.

Tuner in Training
    Well the weidband I have has a countdown on it. I wait for the count down to read zero which is about 20 secs a d then start the vehicle. It's the afx2 wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    I would check with the mfg. But, I am pretty sure that countdown is the heating cycle. Fortunately, the NTK sensors are a bit more sturdy vis-a-vis thermal shock, than the Bosch versions. But, not by that much.

Also, since that is an analog controller, it can't detect a bad sensor. And, will just give bad data, when the sensor element is cracked.