Thread: Is the Ford Flex ecoboost support available?

Potential Tuner

Is the Ford Flex ecoboost support available?

I have a 2012 Ford Flex with 3.5 ecoboost and I?m only seeing options for tuning non ecoboost v6 Flex on the list. Being the same platform as the ecoboost f150 and SHO I would think it could be done easy. Anyone have info on this?

Potential Tuner
    I'm in the same boat. I have a 2015 Flex EB and hate to buy another tuner. Anyone have any info?

It is not currently supported, but if you want to take a read and send to [email protected] we can get started on it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    hello eric i'm having a problem maybe you can help with my 2013 ford Taurus sho every time i try to read with mpvi2 my car goes hey wire a wench appears on my screen and the whole car shuts down and reboots it self is there something i'm missing can you please let me know if you can solve this problem thanks

Potential Tuner

Ford Flex read

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    It is not currently supported, but if you want to take a read and send to [email protected] we can get started on it.
    I didnt receive a notification when you responded and just happened to check back to see if there was any progress. Ill get a read asap on my wifes car and send it in. I cant be having any untuned cars in my family!!! lol

Thanks
    James

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone made any progress on this or sent their factory read in to get the ecoboost flex supported?

Potential Tuner
    Bump Same question as above. I just got a 2014 Ecoboost and already have HPtuners. Seems like it's exactly the same configuration as the taurus SHO and the explorer sport.

Hi. Eric. I have a Flex with eco boost. did anyone ever send you a tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Performancepowertune View Post
    Hi. Eric. I have a Flex with eco boost. did anyone ever send you a tune?
    Did you check to see if it's already supported? My Lincoln MKT which is the same vehicle is supported.

Advanced Tuner
    The Ford Flex ecoboost is not listed as supported. Is there any support for these on the horizon?

Pretty sure they are supported even though they aren't listed. At least some of them are.

Tuner in Training
    Hptuner works on my 13 Flex eco boost same strategy as the 13+ Sho

Tuner in Training
    Yep I tuned a 13 EB Flex a while back