Thread: LS1 TVS2300,AI 317 heads, cam

Tuner in Training

LS1 TVS2300,AI 317 heads, cam

Wondering if you fellas could help me get a couple questions answered about my project that I am going to take a wack at tuning.
    To start the engine is a 99 LS1/T56 in a 69 Camaro. I installed a Magnuson tvs2300 and AI 317 heads with cam on it. During the install I also installed a 2 bar MAP sensor also.

Initially I was planning on doing a SD tune to the car but wondering if I a MAF tune would work better for my car. Its not a drag car or anything more of weekend cruiser. I want to keep maximum drivability. Will I run out of range for the MAF with my current set-up? or will it just be better to stick with a SD tune?

Thanks in advance.
    Sid

Sounds like a fun project. With a blower, I would SD tune it. You might be ok with the maf depending on where you place it in the intake. SD is just easier to tune and mine runs great anywhere I have driven it.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Sounds like a fun project. With a blower, I would SD tune it. You might be ok with the maf depending on where you place it in the intake. SD is just easier to tune and mine runs great anywhere I have driven it.
    SD tune was my original plan. I am not quite at the tuning stage yet, but I am trying to get my ducks in a row for when that comes so I am not blindsided by things.
    The MAF was in the middle of the intake tract when my car was in "stock" form. I have a AEM wideband that I will be installing into the car to help me out when tuning also.

Sorry for what maybe newbie questions, but I figure a guy has to start at some point.

Id like to hear some more points on the original post also, maybe from both side of the fence (sd and maf tune) with boost.

You can drive it anywhere you want and in SD like said above if the tune or right..
    MAF placement is very important (no bends, nice straight path pre and post sensor is key)

SD or MAF work fine

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    You can drive it anywhere you want and in SD like said above if the tune or right..
    MAF placement is very important (no bends, nice straight path pre and post sensor is key)

SD or MAF work fine
    As of now the MAF is located in a straight section of the intake tract, probably 6" of straight 4" pipe on either side. If I were to tune it with the MAF, how do you adjust for the 2 bar MAP? I know there is a 1 bar MAF OS...

Just add. A custom OS in the tab and do a write entire!!
    If you feel like you are over your head I do email work!!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Just add. A custom OS in the tab and do a write entire!!
    If you feel like you are over your head I do email work!!
    I will keep that in mind. I didn't know about that option.

Tuner in Training
    Digging it back up finally. Been a minute

Wondering if anyone had a tune I could reference for a tvs2300, 2bar VE table and 60# Siemens injectors with a boost referenced pressure regulator.

See comments on your message
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Finally got the car drivable, and my intent was to fully road tune it myself but I had an opportunity to take it to a local tuner and did it as I was running into somewhat of a deadline.

The car made 500/480 on a mustang dyno at 6psi. Drivability is really good and do plan on still doing some "fine" tuning as I drive it around.