Thread: 6.0 smoke tune

Tuner in Training

6.0 smoke tune

I'm sure that I'm going to get flamed here....But I have tunes from gearhead currently. I have an s363 non vgt turbo, 175/30 injectors, studded/deleted.

I'm wanting to make a smoke tune. I know, flame me all you want. I see a lot of convoluted information when trying to find out tuning info on these trucks. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by mat_holland View Post
    I'm sure that I'm going to get flamed here....But I have tunes from gearhead currently. I have an s363 non vgt turbo, 175/30 injectors, studded/deleted.

I'm wanting to make a smoke tune. I know, flame me all you want. I see a lot of convoluted information when trying to find out tuning info on these trucks. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    gearhead tunes and its not already smokey enough??

anyway, lots of ways to do it and not everyone will agree with all ways, but
    1) you can add to low boost/no boost fueling
    2) drop icp pressure where you want smoke
    3) change the boost sensor readings
    4)add crazy pulse width and also drop icp pressure( this is what most duratards do but rail pressure instead of icp)
    5)put a bag over your air filter

not being a smartass but in general, "smoke tunes" only hurt your engine, add tons of soot to engine oil, make the epa hate the diesel world even more, and make the general public hate all of us. so im not flaming, just informing, good luck with whatever you do

Tuner in Training
    I was told they was gear head tunes. Honestly no, the truck doesn?t smoke at all unless you are about wot. Not good on the trans when it?s making around 500hp on a stock trans. This truck doesn?t run anywhere near as good as the 5.9 I had with an s366. That truck was Smokey until it built boost and it cleaned up. It had a single ego tune on it from fleece. It was a good running truck.

Is it better to add pulse width to the ficm?

Where exactly is the low boost/no boost fueling at? I had played around with where I thought it was a while back and didn?t notice any changes.
    Last edited by mat_holland; 03-11-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mat_holland View Post
    I was told they was gear head tunes. Honestly no, the truck doesn?t smoke at all unless you are about wot. Not good on the trans when it?s making around 500hp on a stock trans. This truck doesn?t run anywhere near as good as the 5.9 I had with an s366. That truck was Smokey until it built boost and it cleaned up. It had a single ego tune on it from fleece. It was a good running truck.

Is it better to add pulse width to the ficm?

Where exactly is the low boost/no boost fueling at? I had played around with where I thought it was a while back and didn?t notice any changes.
    post your current tune

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for contributing to the demise of diesel performance!

also just remember a 175/30 is only around 40cc over stock, so there really isnt a ton of extra fuel available for you, but if you so wish, yes it can smoke

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    post your current tune
    NO Let's not....

Quote Originally Posted by mattr66 View Post
    NO Let's not....
    havent you heard the saying "the customer is always right"? if he dosent get help here he will easily find a solution on other forums, i have no problem helping him to understand the tables, that way when the cylinders are egg shaped and wiped out he will know that he was spraying outside of the bowl, just for some "fun smoke"... why are everyones panties in a bunch on this forum lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    havent you heard the saying "the customer is always right"? if he dosent get help here he will easily find a solution on other forums, i have no problem helping him to understand the tables, that way when the cylinders are egg shaped and wiped out he will know that he was spraying outside of the bowl, just for some "fun smoke"... why are everyones panties in a bunch on this forum lol
    Because smoke tunes have drawn attention to custom tuning industry and it's giving the EPA and others the power to shut it all down.