Thread: 2017 Wrangler Speedo Correction

2017 Wrangler Speedo Correction

Needing a little insight/help on speedo correction on a 2017 Wrangler. I have never done anything on a Dodge, but I see HP has the ability to get into them. I have a customer who has a Wranger that has bigger tires installed. Is it possible to correct out the speedo without any side effects on these with HP tuners? I haven't hooked up to or tried to read it yet......was trying to gather as much info as possible before even attempting. I have done many Ford's and GM's over the years, but know nothing about Dodge. Am I better off going with another product, tazer, ect? Looking for some honest/experienced input.

Thank You!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Advanced Tuner
    I thought it can be done through VCM scanner...under special functions?

Thank you Homer. Through some searching, I had found that a few had noted that as well. However, it seems as if a few people stated perhaps it was not operational on fairly new models? Hoping to find a for sure 'yes' it can be done without other issues such as ABS light/ect as I had briefly found during other searches. Although, I have yet to get the vehicle in and hook up to it/see what is in the scanner/functions menus.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Advanced Tuner
    So one thing I was wondering is if the change can be done through VCM scanner...are credits needed? I was going to do this on my boss's 2013 wrangler and thought I would need credits but that's only if I write to the PCM.

I am wondering this as well. Still haven't tried this Wrangler.....really looking for some first hand experience before I risk it.

No credits needed

Advanced Tuner
    BTW it looks like AlfaOBD might be able to make speedo adjustments as well. If you have an FCA vehicle this software (android or PC based) compliments HP tuners in that you now can configure the BCM as well.
    https://www.alfaobd.com/

There is also diagFCA but have not tried it as it is VIN locked and appears to only be a PC version.
    https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/

Both need a new OBD interface like OBDlink MX or MX+ as MPVI2 is not compatible.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-15-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    For what its worth, I was 1.5 yrs trying to do tire change with HPT but it would change size but got ABS lights and disabled Park Sense Module. Just this winter I got the AlfaOBD software and was able to do the tire change AND ABS initialize proceedure. AlfaOBD still disables Park Sense with Line Mismatch code B222A. Also would not work with HPT security bypass until installed Double Bypass as AlfaOBD recommended.

HPT has the ABS Initialize command in the scanner but would never run. For grins I reset my 18 Trackhawk back to stock tires (fixed Park Sense) leaving new bypass inline. Was able to then change tire size AND HPT ABS Initialize command worked. Have now left the double bypass on the security module and am using the HPT to make changes. Everything seems to work except Park Sense which even the dealer can't fix without reflashing everything back to stock.

Decided I would rather have speedo, fuel consumption computations for distance to empty and etc for my trips back and forth to Maine. Can live without the front and rear proximity sensors. (Park Sense or Partronics module) Can not clear B222A code for Park Sense.

Good luck

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if you need to run some sort of system test or re-initialization that AlfaOBD does not have?

Tuner in Training
    Picked up Appcar DiagFCA to try. Impressed with ease of operation and was able to clear B222A code from Parktronics (PTS) module. Park Sense still not working but have not put back to stock tire size yet to get Park Sense working. Then going to try making tire change with new program and see what happens.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robhin View Post
    Picked up Appcar DiagFCA to try. Impressed with ease of operation and was able to clear B222A code from Parktronics (PTS) module. Park Sense still not working but have not put back to stock tire size yet to get Park Sense working. Then going to try making tire change with new program and see what happens.

Keeping fingers crossed.
    So alpha was not able to clear the code? I saw diagFCA but did not get it because I sent them an email asking if it works with +MY2015 vehicles and never got a response. Alpha has just been updated and it goes up to something like MY2020...at least for the challengers. The diagFCA interface is nice as you don't have to go to each module to check for codes...but I am not a fan of it being vin locked.