Thread: 2017 Wrangler Speedo Correction

2017 Wrangler Speedo Correction

Needing a little insight/help on speedo correction on a 2017 Wrangler. I have never done anything on a Dodge, but I see HP has the ability to get into them. I have a customer who has a Wranger that has bigger tires installed. Is it possible to correct out the speedo without any side effects on these with HP tuners? I haven't hooked up to or tried to read it yet......was trying to gather as much info as possible before even attempting. I have done many Ford's and GM's over the years, but know nothing about Dodge. Am I better off going with another product, tazer, ect? Looking for some honest/experienced input.

Thank You!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Advanced Tuner
    I thought it can be done through VCM scanner...under special functions?

Thank you Homer. Through some searching, I had found that a few had noted that as well. However, it seems as if a few people stated perhaps it was not operational on fairly new models? Hoping to find a for sure 'yes' it can be done without other issues such as ABS light/ect as I had briefly found during other searches. Although, I have yet to get the vehicle in and hook up to it/see what is in the scanner/functions menus.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Advanced Tuner
    So one thing I was wondering is if the change can be done through VCM scanner...are credits needed? I was going to do this on my boss's 2013 wrangler and thought I would need credits but that's only if I write to the PCM.

I am wondering this as well. Still haven't tried this Wrangler.....really looking for some first hand experience before I risk it.