Thread: e92 ecm

Tuner in Training

e92 ecm

Is it possible to change the way an e92 ecm gets the 4 wheel drive signal. I have a 2015 l83 4x4 engine and trans swapped into a 97 k1500. the truck that the engine came out of had the push button 4x4 so the ecm is looking for the 4x4 signal from the lan. The manual transfer case model gets the 4x4 input from input wires directly wired to the ecm. I have the wires form my transfer case wired to the ecm but im not showing the 4x4 input with the scanner and its going into limp mode or something when its in 4 low. Is it possible to change where the ecm looks for this signal using HPtuners.

I don't see anything in the current software for ECM changes. I compared two calibrations and the only differences between the manual transfer case switch and the electronic are a few DTC's that are turned off, # of tire revs per mile, and trans output torque max limit.

I'm thinking HPT needs to dig up a switch that is currently missing for this option.

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner in Training
    wiring diagrams show that manual transfer case is connected to the ecm pins 60,61 of x1 connector. seems simple , I did not see any selection for manual or automatic transfer case in vcm

Tuner in Training
    I have the input wires hooked up to the ecm but I don't think it looks at them unless it's programd to. I be leave it is looking at the lan for the information from the transfer case control module with the auto t-case. Greg do you have a stock Cal with the manual t-case. Thanks

2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit