Thread: Swap cranks but no start

Potential Tuner

Swap cranks but no start

Hey guys,

Super new to all this so I hope you can be patient. I will try my best.

I have a 2015 LFX V6 from a Camaro that I swapped into my 83 BMW 320i. I just got HPtuners, did as much research as I could and tried to start the car for the first time today. No luck. All it does is crank and no start. It does not try to do anything.

Fuel pump is working and I am getting fuel to the motor. The fuel rail says its got pressure but the value for "fuel pressure" says it has none. Also, my gas pedal out of a C6 Corvette says its not reading.

I disabled both Vats, clutch, starter diag, and O2 bank 2 (fuel config single bank).

I am running a Walbro 225lpm pump with the WIX Fuel Filter 33737/regulator.

In my newness, my plan was to take my E39 ECU and overwrite it with a stock tune from a E39A ECU from the 2015 Camaro BUT I accidentally purchased the VIN from the 2015 E39A ECU so I am using that but I do have the E39 from a 2012 Camaro that I could use if needed. Not sure if thats my problem or not?

Any help would be much appreciated. I usually take pride in searching for my own answers and not relying on help from others but I dont know where to look for this one.

Here is my tune and my scanner log

2015 camaro first tune vats clutch starter o2 sensors.hpt

lfx attempt to start.hpl

use these channels and do a loge39 -2.Channels.xml

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help. Here is the log...

lfx attempt to start.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Got it figured out.

No voltage to the ECU.

For anybody else new that night be going thru something similar, check all your ecu pins. Some are grounds and there is a main voltage ECU 1 pin #73.

Thanks to all that helped!