Thread: quick VE Table question (2 Bar OS)

quick VE Table question (2 Bar OS)

My plan is to Flash the 2 Bar OS on my car which is NA right now with the stock MAP. I plan to leave the VE table MAP labels up to 2 Bar so when i eventually go FI, i wont have to completely re-tune the table. I am assuming there is nothing wrong with this idea, but I have read numerous posts (some from Bill@HPT) that say you "have" to change the labels to match the 1 bar values. I'm thinking this is just poor choice of words, and that its just better to change the labels. I know i would have more resolution if I did this, but I'm not too worried about that. I just want to make sure i'm not going to have a compatibility issue by doing this. Change 6 is my stock E38 OS with current config. 2 BAR OS 7.0.hptChange 6.hpt
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

You can change to 2 bar and run NA, the software will interpolate the VE values though, and your VE table will be off a bit but will still run. I Did however increase my resolution by manually entering my own values from Map values 100 and lower for better resolution during tuning since I’m 70% in those areas driving. When I did my turbo set up I converted to 3 bar and manually changed the axis to suit my boost levels since I didn’t play on getting height than 3 bar. I got better resolution and tuning was easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RySmDPT14 View Post
    You can change to 2 bar and run NA, the software will interpolate the VE values though, and your VE table will be off a bit but will still run. I Did however increase my resolution by manually entering my own values from Map values 100 and lower for better resolution during tuning since I?m 70% in those areas driving. When I did my turbo set up I converted to 3 bar and manually changed the axis to suit my boost levels since I didn?t play on getting height than 3 bar. I got better resolution and tuning was easier.
    What do you mean when you say the VE table will be off a bit?

My plan is to set the highest value to the max boost i plan to ever see, which you have also done. My MAP values are evenly spaced, and seperated by 5Kpa. Do you think it is better to seperate the lower MAP numbers by ~2.5, for more resolution in light load areas and then increase the scale once above cruise pressures?
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

If you flash a 2bar OS and don't change the map sensor scalers back to what they should be for your original map sensor all load scaling will be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by tommytuner View Post
    If you flash a 2bar OS and don't change the map sensor scalers back to what they should be for your original map sensor all load scaling will be way off.
    I assume you are talking about the Map sensor linear and Map sensor offset parameters. If so, I have those set for my factory Map sensor. I'm asking about the VE table and the axis labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfred 513 View Post
    What do you mean when you say the VE table will be off a bit?

My plan is to set the highest value to the max boost i plan to ever see, which you have also done. My MAP values are evenly spaced, and seperated by 5Kpa. Do you think it is better to seperate the lower MAP numbers by ~2.5, for more resolution in light load areas and then increase the scale once above cruise pressures?
    i spaces my values out by 2.5, I also start at a higher MAP value as well, based on driving I never see below I believe 12-15 kpa, so I started my table there in order to give more head room. I think I did a 3 bar os with zl1 map sensor and scaled to my max boost I plan to run for increased resolution.