Thread: Recommend me a new bottom end. Carnage picture.

Tuner in Training

Recommend me a new bottom end. Carnage picture.

Everyone says this and that about what a stock bottom end ls will take. Well this is a stock ls2 piston and block. On to bigger and better things. Time to build it I guess.
    Estimated to be around 700hp when she went. Drove all the way home just fine. Already know it needs a block.

Last edited by harmless; 03-11-2019 at 10:21 PM.

700hp ain't too shabby with stock pistons, it's always a game you are playing with them. One little thing happens and you meet chip or just a fluke.

Do you plan to go really high on horsepower?

I simple fix would just be some nice forged pistons if you are staying around that 700-800hp mark.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Anybody running EGT these days. And has anyone linked to an Ngauge? For logging and warning lights?

I'm building my ls3 SS Chevy now after burning #7. An egt gauge and progressive controller would have prevented it. NX and FAST manifold was just installed and tuned albeit improperly. I never even got to really try it out. No more working with that company.

So what I have now is a full forged d1x w the NX kit. Not completed or tuned yet. Just wonder if there is any information on EGT feedback. I know I can run temps feeding back to the progressive controller and actively adjust fuel and nitrous realtime. My new tuner does not use EGT data regularly.

It's time to learn how to tune.
    Last edited by J C Smith; 03-11-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Egt I hate auto spell correct

And not a c7r that's the tablet thinking for itself. C7r is the other car it's stock! Almost.