Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.0 LTG cutting throttle aggressively at half throttle

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Both tuned and unturned, torque drops rapidly at 5000 rpm on the 1.4

Yes sir! That's a fact. Tuned right though they sure do pull hard for a 1.4!!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

I have found / am finding that what I seek is in the demand tables
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    to make more boost on the early ones your waste gate table will end up being lower in the upper parts of the table so that you do not over shoot the requested boost which then closes the throttle. the 2017 and 2018s have some other type of control that is missing in hpt. I havent yet figured it out but on a 2013-16 ats or 16 camaro I can request 41.5 psi and then setup my dc boost table to hold a absolutely perfect 21 psi. No overshoot no spikes and throttle stays open. I have been tuning the ltg since 2013 and my ats and am very good with them and I still have to fight and manipulate the 17s and 18s to have over 20 psi and hold the throttle wot. Now a hint is a manual 2017 2017 ats has zero issues with boost control and throttle closing its more like a 2016 so thats telling me the tcm is the limit. The one 2017 automatic I have tuned that didnt fight me that much did have a unlocked tcm and I was able to so far make over 400 whp on a zfr with it. Prior the the turbo swap and tcm unlock it was a bitch to hold 20 psi and be wot. Something in the tcm and still think tables missing on the ecm side that gm added from the 2016 to the 2017 platform. I can hit 27 psi on a 2013-16 of course it will just get hot with out some serious supporting mods but did have a rail setup for 300 feet races that was pretty much making all the boost it could which was 27 psi as was over in around 4.5 seconds for the 300 feet run on sand in a 2200 lbs rail. Fighting a 2018 right now that just will not make more boost and the kicker is I just did another 2018 a few weeks ago and got it to hold 20 psi and wot and that tune in this car is not happy. I have been told by a buddy using efilive and hpt to tune in russia that the ltg is missing a lot of tables he is using to make them work right. I have to pull his tune and get some more id numbers off tables then request hpt to add them to the next beta. I have done it with one so far a torque over speed table that falls in limits under speed limit 1 as saw it was very low on the efilive scan and was also told that helped the boost fall off when hits 90-100 mph that all these late seem to have with them. I am willing to help share some of my early tuning tricks but someone with a 2018 is going to have to work with me so can work this out once and for all. Tired of it taking so many trys just to get it to wot and 20 psi when none respond the same. Also for those logging the max torque pid you will see that on an early by commanding 42 psi it will take max torque way up and out of the way. When delivered torque crosses over max torque thats when the throttle closes. There is no table for this directly its a combination of many inputs where on a 2016 if you were to just raise the pressure delta table then request boost goes up and so does max torque. sorry screen shots writing not great but trying to show you my point on two cars one early one late and you can do the exact same things to the late as early and gets you this outcome.
    Hi,

sent you a pm

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    lt1z350, do you have any info on the '17 ATS 2.0T E80A as far as tuning goes? I am having issues tuning SD in the VVE table. I'd also like to know anything you have on flex fuel for the '17s.

Thank You

yes I have tuned many 17s they are tricky to get the thorrtle to stay open and tuning the tcm is a must on them to get it to hold the throttle open and make more boost. I have a connection that did his 18 camaro on e85 flex tune so the 17 shoudnt be a problem as its the same ecm. Direct meassage if wanted to get some tuning help and pay for a tune and learn in the process.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150