Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2017 Mustang

  1. #1

    2017 Mustang

    Hi all , I have a few questions if I may , we had a 2107 550 in yesterday for some work and a dyno run , the figures the customer was expecting were well down.
    It has a cold air intake and x piece in the exhaust mods wise.

    It was running really rich on a stock tune which is where I reckon the power has gone.

    looking through the calibration "stoich value" is 14.08 , why would Ford do this ?? to keep engines super safe or for very hot dry states [ we have neither in the UK]


    Also we did the pulls in 4th gear , I can see from the calibration 5th gear has a ratio closest to 1:1 , does anyone know what gear they use on all the youtube vids .



    Thanks in advance for any help .

    Cheers Keith

  2. #2
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    I can answer a couple question maybe,,, The 14.08 is because most gas stations around the US is 10% ethanol.
    Most people do use 4th gear pulls.

  3. #3
    Advanced Tuner veeefour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhen View Post
    I can answer a couple question maybe,,, The 14.08 is because most gas stations around the US is 10% ethanol.
    Most people do use 4th gear pulls.
    5%

    Best AFR for E10 would be 13.89.

  4. #4
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    5%

    Best AFR for E10 would be 13.89.
    Fuel.PNG

    Depends on where you get your information.

  5. #5
    Advanced Tuner veeefour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    423
    Many different sources claiming something different, agreed. I remember seeing Ford claiming 14.09 for E5 but can't find it ATM:
    Properties-of-ethanol-gasoline-blended-fuels-E0-E5-E10-E20-and-E85.png

  6. #6
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks guys , i completely ignored the fuel content you guys have , , the car is coming back in next week so will swap out the CAI for stock airbox and give it a run , then its fine tuning starting with the stoic value .

    Cheers keith

  7. #7
    Senior Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,333
    In all Ford calibrations they use 9.0 for 100% ethanol and 14.64 for 100% gasoline.

    Using a direct relationship for E10 you would get 14.076 aka 14.08 or 14.1. Math for it would be (14.64-((14.64-9.0)*0.1))

    Stock calibration is perfectly capable of learning for E0-E15 with power loss that would be in the margin of error for most dynos, How rich are you seeing it go?
    "We can never be right, we can only be sure that we are wrong"- feynman

  8. #8
    Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    2,034
    the car will not run rich unless it went into over temp cat protection which there is a multiplier for that.

    in general if your fuel doesnt have Ethanol just change stoich to 14.64 and coyote engines like to be on the rich side low 12's
    E-tuning/remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net Follow @MASTUNING Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161
    [URL="http://www.mastuningsaudi.com"]

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    In all Ford calibrations they use 9.0 for 100% ethanol and 14.64 for 100% gasoline.

    Using a direct relationship for E10 you would get 14.076 aka 14.08 or 14.1. Math for it would be (14.64-((14.64-9.0)*0.1))

    Stock calibration is perfectly capable of learning for E0-E15 with power loss that would be in the margin of error for most dynos, How rich are you seeing it go?
    Hi murfie , its running 0.75 lambda to around 5500rpm then drops to 0.73 ,its running 0.84 at idle , i am going to data log it when it comes back in..

  10. #10
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    the car will not run rich unless it went into over temp cat protection which there is a multiplier for that.

    in general if your fuel doesnt have Ethanol just change stoich to 14.64 and coyote engines like to be on the rich side low 12's
    Thanks , thats something i will check on the data log ..

  11. #11
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Just messaged the owner to check on the fuel he uses , and its just our regular RON 95 , do you guys use your Premium grade which is equivalent to our 97/8 RON.
    it will all help to find his missing ponies.

    Cheers Keith

  12. #12
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    I would address the .84 at Idle first. What are your STFT at idle. Have you done a MAF calibration?

    Also in the tune, does it command a .75 Lambda at WOT? and then above 5500 does it command a .73 lambda?
    That is very rich for a just a CAI and X pipe.

    On pump gas I would start around .83 command Lambda at WOT. That would be safe I think. I am sure others will chim in with something different.

  13. #13
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    240
    I command .820 stock. I bet that's super safe, lol.